Nicebiscuit

Standard Michelins a bit unprogressive in the wet?

Interested in opinions. Just come home on typical greasy wet Autumn roads and was getting a little more sideways than I would expect. All good clean fun but on standard rubber the grip does seem a bit 'all or nothing' in the wet.

Anyone else have a view. I guess I'm not that fussed about ultimate grip levels but I quite like a tyre which telegraphs the limits of grip a bit better. Perhaps I need something else for road use...

Very much so - even with a constant throttle pedal position the back end can slide out when it's wet at low speed.

Currently on a set of advan v105s and they appear to be a lot more progressive and can happily lose traction without sending the car sideways

Yes, they do lack progression, though are fun once they are sliding. 

For a more progressive setup fit either Yoko Advan V105's or Contisport Contact 5's 

I run the Yokos. 

I thought you gave up with the yokos as they weren't as fun?

I found the standard Michelins very slippery in the wet.

Swapped them for Contisport 5s. Massively better in all ways, especially in the wet.

You can still get the backend out in the wet if you're really pushing hard, but it's very progressive and predictable. Very planted in the dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much so - even with a constant throttle pedal position the back end can slide out when it's wet at low speed.

Currently on a set of advan v105s and they appear to be a lot more progressive and can happily lose traction without sending the car sideways

V105's :huh: you joining N1 at Cadwell????