Mark_Swaddle

Ordering from TheSpeedline.com...

I came across that site a little while ago, been in my bookmarks for a couple months because of the prices, not been able to find many reviews but they seem to be good and do state that you use paypal so at the very least you are covered there only issue would be if the item is defective and sending it back

Not heard of it, but at them prices, they must be chinese copies

on one of the product pages they claim the following, so hopefully they are genuine

"100% Authentic Valenti JAPAN lights"

Looking at the website, they have a US telephone number. Also on the about us page there is a link to an ebay profile which is also a US account. My guess is everything is shipped from the US. However they don't list an actual address anywhere I could see, which to me means they are hiding something.

But if you serious, just make sure you use the paypal option, that way you'd be covered if anything f***s up.

Their About Us page seems fairly convincing that they are reputable, If I have money next month after my remap I might get a set of Valenti's from here

Looking at the website, they have a US telephone number. Also on the about us page there is a link to an ebay profile which is also a US account. My guess is everything is shipped from the US. However they don't list an actual address anywhere I could see, which to me means they are hiding something.

But if you serious, just make sure you use the paypal option, that way you'd be covered if anything f***s up.

They claim to have some UK warehouses

"And since customer satisfaction is our utmost priority, we not only sell parts at massively discounted rates; we also deliver them to your garage faster than anyone else! Utilizing several strategically placed warehouses in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Japan and Taiwan, TheSpeedline makes sure your order is processed and delivered instantly to worldwide."

I'd steer clear. Guy I work with ordered a GoPro from a similar site. He phoned them and they confirmed 3 times it was in the UK. His old mans 60th tomorrow and he has no GoPro to give him. Phoned them today and they confirmed it's not in the UK but in Hong Kong but they have no idea where.

Helpful! So he asked for a refund, they said it will take up to 7 days. Email says 2 weeks, people online have been waiting over 3 months for a refund from said company.

Also anyone hiding their identity on WHOIS is generally up to no good.

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: THESPEEDLINE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Admin ID:

Yeap, I've ordered from The Speedline before. I bought my set of Valentis from them. No issues at all, even got a free pen with my order lol.

They aren't American that's for sure, my packaging was from Taiwan I think.

Yeap, I've ordered from The Speedline before. I bought my set of Valentis from them. No issues at all, even got a free pen with my order lol.

They aren't American that's for sure, my packaging was from Taiwan I think.

How was postage and custom charges?

They were good. Put it this way they valued the lights less than what I paid for so that meant I didn't get stung as much on customs.

EDIT: They even openly admitted in the order confirmation email that they value the products less to avoid higher custom charges.

Edited by Varelco

so they lie about having a warehouse in the UK :/ I may still chance it, at the very least you have paypal protection if anything goes wrong

Just be aware that if the lights break, you won't be covered by the valenti warranty most likely buying through a channel like this. (Even if they are real)

What are you ordering?

Just an FYI that there have been known issues with some Valenti lights and I'd expect the replicas (which are very hard to tell apart) to be more prone to failing. The issues are the indicator LEDs can fail in small batches. You wouldn't want to spend a couple of hundred quid to find out you need to buy another set as you have no comeback about warranty. Some things are worth the extra for more piece of mind.

How have you come to that conclusion Rob? What makes this seller any different to all the other third party vendors selling Valenti products? Mine are genuine items for what it's worth.

FYI Valenti problems are due to dry solder joints which usually results in a loss of LEDs. This was apparently rectified in later batches of the lights. It's also worth noting there are revised versions with improved water resistance which are classed are 3.0V (not to be confused with their latest prototype lights). The ones I supplied have this printed on them.

Edited by Varelco

The problem with the led's were resolved during March 14, any after this date are fine. The problem was the connection between the horizontal and vertical portion of the indicators. Both of mine failed and both were replaced FOC (not speedline.com though). I now have a total of 5 rear light clusters knocking around, not inc the ones on the car :).

Edited by Mark-in-Stoke

Five rear light clusters? That almost counts as hoarding!

Yeah, it's the Valenti's I'm looking at. The PayPal option is definitely good cover. If I was looking at something non-electrical then I probably wouldn't even hesitate. Might just chance it when pay day comes around. I'll keep you all posted if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How have you come to that conclusion Rob? What makes this seller any different to all the other third party vendors selling Valenti products? Mine are genuine items for what it's worth.

FYI Valenti problems are due to dry solder joints which usually results in a loss of LEDs. This was apparently rectified in later batches of the lights. It's also worth noting there are revised versions with improved water resistance which are classed are 3.0V (not to be confused with their latest prototype lights). The ones I supplied have this printed on them.

As they are sold by an Asian country you aren't covered under the UK sales of goods act. This place will not honor a warranty as they can get away with it and you don't have a leg to stand on. Also at this price I can assure you they are grey goods. Valenti more than likely won't offer a warranty on grey goods not purchased through the correct channels for the country you reside in. (As they legally don't have to)

While we are on the subject is there a minimum spend amount with PayPal to be covered?

Not that I'm aware of. I've always understood it to be any transaction.

As they are sold by an Asian country you aren't covered under the UK sales of goods act. This place will not honor a warranty as they can get away with it and you don't have a leg to stand on. Also at this price I can assure you they are grey goods. Valenti more than likely won't offer a warranty on grey goods not purchased through the correct channels for the country you reside in. (As they legally don't have to)

Fair point, Rob. But, to be fair, I only plan to get Valenti's as a stop-gap anyway. My end game is some Buddy Clubs, but I can't justify the £450 price tag right now, and these Valenti's are about 50% of what I'd pay for them from a UK dealer.

That's cool, i'm not purposely trying to put people off. But it's best you know now rather than assuming you will be covered and find out later you aren't. Because that would piss me off majorly. If you accept beforehand you won't be then you won't be disappointed :D

Plus they are valenti's anyway, one would assume they will be fine.

I got my Valentis from them, so far so good and in my view they look great. They do take a bit of time and get held in Customs until you pay. Still cheaper than other sources I looked at. I paid by Credit card for some protection. Delivery tracker etc all good.

All the best with it.

Steve