charged

Another Newbie

Hi all, 

my name is Ollie, I'm aged 34 and from St Albans, Hertfordshire.  I'm looking into buying a GT86 in the nearish future. I am a huge Toyota fan, current owner of a turbo converted AW11 MR2 which I use regularly, another AW11 which sits in my garage awaiting the current one to die and past owner of a variety of other Toyota models, Corolla G6R, Corolla T Sport, Celica GT4 and at least a dozen MR2s. 

I've followed the GT86 from concept to present day and after attending JAE and chatting to Lauren at the weekend, owning one is becoming an itch which needs scratching!  I'm already looking around but most likely will leave it a while, certainly until the right one comes along. I'll be buying used, budget of around £15k, must be manual, the lower the mileage the better, white, red or grey.  

Thanks!

Ollie

Another one I missed at JAE, what was I doing? :D Welcome to the club. I think picking one up in the next couple of months for £15 will do doable. At the moment the market is sitting just above that. So if you have a bit more to spend it may be easier to get a decent example sooner.

Welcome aboard Ollie, sorry about that! :P

Keep us posted when you find one. :)

And what were you doing Rob? Don't worry though, I've known Ollie for a very long time, it's really cool I think to see people coming over from having MR2s. :)

Edited by Lauren

Thanks guys! 

Rob : Budgets are there to be broken! I'm a patient guy though so happy to watch the market until something good comes up..  I have seen one and it is local, some mods on it but I think I'll wait and see what is else is available. Link here if it works:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509016530761?onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&postcode=hp41lr&sort=default&model=gt86&quicksearch=true&radius=1500&page=1&price-to=16000&make=toyota&logcode=p

^ is this a known car?

Lauren: 10 years I think, that is a rather long time!  I was browsing the forum last night and it felt like the MR2 club forums did years back, busy, enthusiasm, energy.  I like it!

Mike! : I completely forgot to come and see you guys on Saturday, I saw you on the way in but I was knackered by the time I left as am recovering from surgery. I hope you and Nick are both good, hello to both of you. I've been looking at your turbo kits! ha! Hope business is good. Having been in the Toyota scene for a while, Tuning Developments get a big thumbs up from me. 

I may be quiet for a while but will post up any updates when they happen

Cheers

Ollie

Hi Ollie. I'm new too. Lots of Herts people seem to own GT86's!

I got mine from Letchworth a couple of weeks back for 18, but was very low mileage and had all the upgrades inside, so I'm sure in the not-too-distant future they'll be creeping towards 15.

Mike! : I completely forgot to come and see you guys on Saturday, I saw you on the way in but I was knackered by the time I left as am recovering from surgery. I hope you and Nick are both good, hello to both of you. I've been looking at your turbo kits! ha! Hope business is good. Having been in the Toyota scene for a while, Tuning Developments get a big thumbs up from me. 

JAE just wasn't the same without a visit from you pal :)

If you're ever in this neck of the woods, can go out in the car and see what you think B)

JAE just wasn't the same without a visit from you pal :)

If you're ever in this neck of the woods, can go out in the car and see what you think B)

Ah ha thanks man!  I'm getting married first week in September 2016 so might not be there next year. I'm sure our paths will cross, they usually do! Like wise, if you are near me, let me know. I'm now Ops Manager for a Driving Experience company so I'm sure I can get you a drive.. Drifting, Stunt Driving, Supercars etc

After waiting and waiting for the right spec car to come up, I am very pleased to announce that I made a purchase from a main dealer this afternoon!  It ticks all my boxes, white, 1 owner, 16k miles, no red bits inside, immaculate inside and out.  I'm a happy camper! I went slightly over budget but I got the right car. I nearly bought another white one a month back but it had the two tone red seats (which are nice, just not for me), stone chips and marks on the inside of the door so I am so glad I held out for the right car. It came on the market yesterday afternoon and I bought it this afternoon. Like a rat up a drainpipe. 

It joins my Mk1 MR2 and Corolla T Sport which unfortunately means I have run out of driveway space ha ha!

It is being delivered Monday with a full tank of fuel. 

Sneak preview

image_zpsprarejtu.jpg

I have lots of things planned but will have to let my wallet recover first, it's the biggest purchase I've ever put on my debit card that's for sure!! 

Cheers

Ollie

Ahh thanks. it's nice to be welcomed officially!

Is it Monday yet?! :D

Sods law as well, as soon as I empty my bank account the clutch starts slipping and a wheel bearing goes on my MR2!  I've just replaced the ruddy turbo in the last week as well :rolleyes: Expensive times.