Deacon

Bank holiday Monday at Curborough (August 31st)

Jeff I was pondering on coming down, possibly with Richard. Am I right in thinking that the spaces have already been allocated so we are too late to park up together? If it's possible, do we still need to be there early? 

Sorry, I made the mistake of thinking it was a pretty relaxed affair. 

I've asked the question Lauren. There are several different clubs coming so I'm not sure if they have already allocated spaces or not. As for tine I think they would prefer people to be on the 'stands' together if possible bit I doubt it'll be a major problem if not.

So response back was that's no problem Lauren - we have space for 11.

The track layout is the figure 8 but starting at the bottom of the track (far left on the diagram) or at the first gate (between paddock bend and finish) for those who are new. The track diagram is just that as I said Sam.

Ok so these are the people who are coming and who've said they're meeting at McD's - can anyone who hasn't said let us know so we're not waiting for you if you're just going straight to Curborough?

Cheers!

1. Deacon - McD's

2. Mike - McD's

3. Keethos - McD's

4. Kevb86 - McD's

5. Tareim - McD's

6. Faith - McD's (I presume?)

7. RobinHood - ?

8. DanJ - McD's

9. LarmiqGT - ?

10. Lauren - McD's

11. Riceburner - McD's (if pursuaded by Lauren! :-))

Thanks to everyone who turned up today despite the weather not being the greatest! Everyone seemed to have fun on track anyway and it was good to see Lauren sliding the AE86 as it's meant to be! :-)

(Kev - Aaron said he didn't manage to catch up with you before you left for payment for the track time so if you could paypal it over to wolverhamptonmazda@hotmail.com please that'd be great! Cheers!)

Yeah I think he was out on track when I was leaving, I emailed him for this details. Will give a good donation as it was great fun, even in the wet. Great to meet you all, and now looking forward to JAE, let's hope the weathers going to be better :-). And less wasps!

Was great fun in the morning despite the pouring rain... think I scared Jeff on one of the runs I did with him!

Tried with the traction control off when it stopped raining (but still very wet)... that lasted all of 3 and a half corners before I did a spot of gardening  :D

Cheers for organising Jeff!

A big thanks to you, Jeff. Really enjoyed Curborough and loved how it became like a little drift playground in the wet. Great fun and a kind of special AE86 moment was had in spades today by me. I'll always be grateful for that! :) 

Thought everyone was really friendly and it was lovely to get all the comments about the AE86, made all the hard work so worthwhile. :)

Yeah, kudos to Jeff for organising this and thanks to Lauren for letting me ride along on your last run, shame it dried up a bit but it was still fun still with some slidie action going on.

Also great to meet some new faces, hope to see Kev and Dan at some other meets in the near future.

really enjoyed the event, got to slide my car in a controlled enviroment as well as have some fun passenger rides sliding around in the AE86 and also with the lunatic... I mean Faith :D a lot braver than me going into those corners