Deacon

Bank holiday Monday at Curborough (August 31st)

Wolverhampton Independent Subaru are hosting an event at Curborough Sprint circuit on August 31st to raise money for a local charity. I've put the link below:-

https://www.facebook.com/events/1631641493759948/

There is no cost involved to have a stand but they ask for donations for the charity. You can also book either a half day or full day track time (just waiting for them to get back to me with the costs for this) or single laps (min donation £3 each). There are prizes for best cars, stands, etc and traders their including the local Mazda dealer with the new MX5.

I think it'd make a decent club meet as it's so central -anyone fancy it?

1. Deacon

Should be fine, bank holiday so no need to take another day off. Depends on the cost for track time and how it'll work?

I've asked for clarification on the half day and full day. Individual runs are min £3 donation I belive.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, but I've had my 86 since May. I was on the Toyotagt86 owners club website for a bit, but nothing really happened with meets in the Midlands, so I'm glad to hear you guys are meeting. I'll be going to this, as a friend of mine has an MX5 he's taking around the course. Just to clarify can we turn up and pay a donation for one go around? Not sure if I want to shred my tyre and brakes this year :-).

Cheers

Kev

1. Deacon

2. Mike

3. Keethos

4. Kevb86

The information I have from fb suggests you can just pay on the day for single runs but the half and full day need to be prebooked.

As Mike and Lauren said it shouldn't be any worries for your tyres and breaks!

Are you joining us Lauren?

Yeah I didn't think it'd be too hard wearing on the brakes and tyres, I've done a couple of track days before in my old cars and one in an 86, I won a competition a few years ago with Top Gear magazine at Oulton park was very fun :-D. Just reading all the Mods you have on your cars I'm definitely going to be jealous of them lol, I'm wanting to pay the car off before I do anything to it but it's going to be very hard not too come 31st of August lol. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

I think I'll join in with this, gives me the opportunity to have a blast with my new manifold (should have it delivered and fitted by then)

Yeah Kev, the stock tyres and brakes are proper tough stuff, Lauren's spent half a day drifting her car around Anglesey before and lost hardly any rubber at all.

Who else is doing track time?

Not sure if I'm coming Jeff. I've never been to Curborough, though I've known about it for a very long time, I'm not hugely keen on a short layout where you don't really get out of second gear from what I can work out. I once did a track day at Three Sisters in Wigan and that was like that. Bit too slow for my liking as I much prefer faster corners. 

I would happily come, but for me it needs to be dog friendly which I'm guessing it probably isn't? This is why I don't go to many events at circuits or hill climbs unless I'm competing.