Nicebiscuit

Gutted! My Gt86 hit by dozy pillock

Gutted for you mate.

Make sure it goes to a reputable garage for repair, a Toyota approved place if poss, not one of those "National" centres.

You need to make sure it's repauired properly and not just popped out and filled. I'd also get the alignment checked in case he hit the wheel. The rear suspension components are all pressed steel and appear that they are designed to give in a side impact?

Again, gutted for you my friend.

Hmmm. That's a point. The place they've directed me to looks ok - no nasty stories on the web I can find and is PSA, Fiat and Nissan accredited, but not Toyota. They claim that only genuine parts will be used, and repairs are warranted for three years. I'm in two minds whether to make a fuss or not.

Damn, you've not had it long!

If I was you, I'd get Rich to take a look at it (you got it from RRG Macc didn't you?) and see what he suggests in terms of what/how to repair it - although I'm not sure if the place you've been directed to will tell you what they're going to do?

wow that sucks to have an issue like this so soon

Hmmm. That's a point. The place they've directed me to looks ok - no nasty stories on the web I can find and is PSA, Fiat and Nissan accredited, but not Toyota. They claim that only genuine parts will be used, and repairs are warranted for three years. I'm in two minds whether to make a fuss or not.

you should be allowed to choose your own place of repair (within reason) so I wouldn't settle for this place they've said

Damn, you've not had it long!

If I was you, I'd get Rich to take a look at it (you got it from RRG Macc didn't you?) and see what he suggests in terms of what/how to repair it - although I'm not sure if the place you've been directed to will tell you what they're going to do?

I think you're right. I'll get him to take a look first, and then see where to take it from there.

To be fair the place they're recommending look reputable enough with four wheel alignment etc etc, but they certainly won't be getting my car WITHOUT telling me exactly what they're going to do first and guaranteeing that only Toyota parts are used.

If I were you, I would insist that it is repaired by a Toyota approved body shop (preferably RRG Toyota).  Otherwise, not sure what could happen to your Toyota 5 year warranty down the line.

wow that sucks to have an issue like this so soon

you should be allowed to choose your own place of repair (within reason) so I wouldn't settle for this place they've said

Quoted for truth! Insures often send your car to places that use grey market parts. Ask for the car to be fixed by a Toyota approved garage

www.im-tuned.uk

Wow, this is a bummer, take it to your preferred garage, not necessarily a Toyota approved one, they aren't the greatest.

I'm hopefully getting it sorted via RRG. That'd be the best solution all round.

Sorry to hear this Mr.Buiscuit, hope you get it sorted soon!

You know.... there were a number of ways I'd have quite happily cribbed ideas from your build, but I wasn't intending to emulate you by bending it first.

Thats a bummer :( If it can't be done through RRG for whatever reason i will add to what others are saying with checking the paint match is more then essential before you drive it away and to keep an eye incase it sinks etc. 

Hope its sorted soon.

Your insurance may charge you an extra amount for taking it to the repairer of your choice. I had this problem when I took mine to RRG for a repair. It cost me IIRC my £500 excess plus a bonus of £200 to have it repaired by RRG.  

Your insurance may charge you an extra amount for taking it to the repairer of your choice. I had this problem when I took mine to RRG for a repair. It cost me IIRC my £500 excess plus a bonus of £200 to have it repaired by RRG.

That's what I'm concerned about. However I'm hoping the fact it's not my insurer puts me in a stronger position.

The insurer are cooperating so far... They've said to take an estimate from RRG. If it gets sorted that way I'll be pretty happy. (Or as happy as I can be given that our insurance will inevitably go up...)

Richard's had a look and peeled me off the ceiling

Mechanically all seems well albeit a tad misaligned at the back so no major harm done. Just need to sort out the panel work and we can pretend this never happened... In the meantime I have a cunning strategy. If I park THIS way round it still looks fabulous.

ede69a34ff9670e89ff44d2a9d4d46a5.jpg