Andy Mac

White GT (new to me - from forum member) Cambridgeshire

Hi all - just a quick post to say hello.

Collected my GT86 from Stu (Bumblebee) on Thursday. Top man - he had clearly looked after the car and was a pleasure to deal with.

I'm based Cambridgeshire (around 10 miles from fennsport) so took a nice run back through the Peak District - stopping for a picnic at Dovedale (least I could do as the girlfriend had drove my daily back for me).

Journey back:

image.jpg

Car is a White / Manual / with 13.5 k miles. Has the satnav / leather bolsters and heated seats. Surprised how well spec'd these are as standard - with the keyless go / dual zone climate / cruise etc...

Previous cars include Integra Type R (DC2) which the GT reminds me off / albeit rwd. Had a few Porsches over the years - most recently a 911 (996) Twin Turbo manual coupe that I sold a couple of weeks back (in order to free up some cash and find a GT).

Sad to see it go, epic car and had always wanted one (fairly long running report on Boxa.net forum for those interested - showing the work I undertook on it).

Huge power / torque and performance difference to the GT obviously (420bhp / 410 lb/ft). But I love the way the GT feels / drives / taught / direct and accurate - and hilariously fun chassis characteristic of letting go at such low speeds.

Out with the old:

image.jpg

Back to the GT - has been looked after by RRG Macclesfield - freshly serviced (oil on the dip looks like new) spoke to Richard (RiceBurner) there yesterday and he couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

During its life RRG have added an Injen ram air kit and the TRD quad exhaust and rear diffuser. Undecided about the airbox / may swap the standard one in to see how it compares:

image.jpg

Currently giving it a wash / detail / but rain keeps stopping play!

image.jpg

image.jpg

All done (testament to previous owner - lovely coating of wax or sealant was on there).

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very happy with the car and look forward to the help / advice / banter ..

Cheers for now

Andy

Awesome stuff Andy and welcome to the club.  Stu's a good man, glad his pride and joy has gone to another enthusiast.  Got any plans for the car at all?

Awesome stuff Andy and welcome to the club. Stu's a good man, glad his pride and joy has gone to another enthusiast. Got any plans for the car at all?

Thanks folks - yes Stu was a very good guy to deal with. No huge plans for the car at present - possibly try the standard air box back / just to compare / see if it's all smoke and mirrors..

I'd like to get it ultra clean / protected and then address any areas likely to corrode with waxoyl etc. and / or replace any offending fasteners etc. (I know so exciting....).

Then get the geo checked (although it feels spot on) and just use it - miles are low enough not to worry about it - it's a second car so will be loved / but enjoyed too.

Good sign - we've just arrived in the south of France having collected (tortured?) another Toyota from Barcelona / via a lovely Pyrenees back drop...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Missing the GT already which has got to be a good sign - as the roads were epic..

Cool. :)

I have the Injen induction kit and have tried the stock airbox on (for various reasons). It's just a lot quieter, but you get the horrible noise generator sound, which is just awful. 

welcome to the club.

Cleaning can be fun but I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it more!

I used to be OCD when it comes to cars but the GT sorts that out.... Can't stop driving mine, any excuse and its out for a drive!

Have fun

Hi all - and yes much prefer driving it!!

Back from being away. Even the Aygo survived.... and was safely returned!

Came home to find that Rich (aka rice burner) from RRG Macclesfield, as promised, sent down a touch up pen and the notes Toyota hold about the car (ie services that tie up with the history book and warranty visits).

As a bonus he kindly included a lanyard and a small badge (the opposed piston gt86 symbol) - top stuff - will definitely make the journey up to RRG for any future works (I'm not totally convinced either window seal sits right - but I'll compare them with a local demo before enquiring).

image.jpg

(I know thrilling picture...).

After the obligatory unpacking (holiday not just the touch up pen) I did a couple of jobs on the car.

I'd cleaned and dried it before I left and had noticed that it had just been caught / scraped on the near side sill - if you were to follow the A pillar down to the sill - it's just under there - possibly something thrown up from the front wheel? Or badly timed speed hump? Who knows.

It's not bad - but it had scraped off some of the White paint. I masked it up and have just re-stone chipped it (White hammerite stone chip spray) for now (it's out of sight anyway) and at least gives it some protection. I'll monitor it and see if needs re-applying over time.

Started on a couple of stone chips - initial layer has covered them nicely which is encouraging.

Also checked the fluids and levels - all good - tyres were all 33 ish - which was surprising as it feels it rides quite hard already (now all 35).

This weeks job is to swap back in the original intake and filter / just for comparison (nothing technical like a dyno) - with the "Injen" one.

I once had to try the stock filter when I had initial problems with my injen. The sound generator sounds dire and you lose the induction noise. Injen is way better.