Bumblebee

GT86 2012 Pearl White Man

For Sale:

Toyota GT86 2012 Pearl White Manual,
Sat Nav, Leather/Alcantara Interior.
Extras:TRD Quad Exhaust Muffler and Conversion kit, Injen Polished Air Induction Kit,TRD Under Diffuser, 
Subamp, Whiteline Positive Shift kit. (all extras fitted by RRG Macclesfield)
Private plate T9FMR (Transformers Fan)
Full service History, MOT'd no advisories and serviced throughout by RRG Macclesfield, last serviced and first MOT 3/6/15 ahead of due date 26/6/15.
Mileage:13244
Tyre tread 6,6,4,5
Not Tracked.
Price: £15750 OVNO for quick sale, car will only be released on clearance of funds. Bank Transfer preferred.Extras included if full offer price received may consider selling separately otherwise.

Reason for Sale, Deposit paid on Mustang (Sorry guys I've been tempted to the Dark Side)
Please PM if genuinely interested.

Regards Bumblebee

I will certainly let you know what I think lol

Thx guys

I look forward to hearing a downtown earth report on the new Mustang. I loved mine, but it was a it of a laviathon on the road. I sold it and bought a Porsche!!

I'm interested too. I'm sure it'll have its drawbacks, but they have so much character. And it's a V8 - what's not to like?

Is it one of the brand new shape ones or the last shape? I'm sure we'd like to see pics when you get it :-D

The 2.3 ecoboost is actually a very good engine. It is basically the same engine as what's in the Mazda 3 Mps which is a very quick car and can be tuned nice and easily but then again it is a mustang so it should have a V8.......Sorry  :(

Bit like getting a Porsche Boxter - can't afford the real thing

Or perhaps he just tried it and liked it? Basically it's not a grey porridge car and that's just fine in my book...

And nothing wrong with a Boxster... One COULD argue that a GT86 is an effective poor-mans substitute for a Cayman.

Or perhaps he just tried it and liked it? Basically it's not a grey porridge car and that's just fine in my book...

And nothing wrong with a Boxster... One COULD argue that a GT86 is an effective poor-mans substitute for a Cayman.

Mustang needs a V8 or it's not a Mustang. End of

As for the GT86 being a poor man's Cayman, I'd still choose the GT86 if I had Cayman money. I'd choose walking if I had Cayman money - not a fan of Porsche whatsoever

Toyota only do 1 "sports" car at the moment until the new Supra (FT-1?) is released, so there's no comparison to the Boxster/911 drama

To be honest both the Boxster and the Cayman are better handling cars than the 911 due to being mid engined, and makes for a more enjoyable drive. If they were given 911 kinds of power they would both be a better car and also faster, but then that would mean the 911 would become obsolete, which is why Porsche hold back.

The only reference we have now is the new Cayman GT4 Which is probably only eclipsed by the turbo and GT3 currently. The Boxster was never supposed to rival the 911. They are not comparable and many people would prefer to drive one over a 911 due to its better poise and agility.

Plus why bother buying a more expensive 911 when you can just buy a second hand Boxster and do a little flat 6 engine swap ;) Save yourself a huge chunk of money and have 911 power in a better chassis!

The 2.3 Eco boost motor will probably give you the best bang for buck! Best compromise of MPG, tax and running costs, plus you'll be able to tune them close to V8 speeds given they are turbocharged. Good luck Bumblebee

Mustang needs a V8 or it's not a Mustang. End of

As for the GT86 being a poor man's Cayman, I'd still choose the GT86 if I had Cayman money. I'd choose walking if I had Cayman money - not a fan of Porsche whatsoever

Toyota only do 1 "sports" car at the moment until the new Supra (FT-1?) is released, so there's no comparison to the Boxster/911 drama

Cobblers - even the '64 car came with a 'six' if you wanted.

But my point still stands, most cars are a poor mans 'something'. Unless there's anyone here who hand on heart would plump for a GT86 in the event of a lottery win. (To be fair, I wouldn't have a Cayman either - my GT86 is a 'poor man's 246 Dino'. )

Yes, do let us know how you get on dude, shame to see you leave but we still wish you all the best with your choice. Shame you aren't going V8 but we've all heard good things about the eco boost engines but I do agree that it's not a true mustang without a V8....and suprised you aren't going yellow either

As for the whole poor man's Porsche malarkey, what a load of thosh, as James has already mentioned, plenty of reasons why someone would want a Cayman or Boxter over a 911.

Having owned a brand new Boxster S 3.4, Brand new Mustang GT 4.6 V8 and a brand new GT86, I think I have a pretty valid opinion.

The resurection of the Mustang in 2005 was a major event for Ford US. The car was hands down better than the previous, or in fact any other model all round, but was still a little soft, but, just like the GT86, it was built to be tuned, as I'm sure the 2016 model is. It was a pretty quick car and was very comfortable, but at the time I also had a new 2.0 Sport MX5. Getting out of one into the other was a massive step in driver satisfaction and fun.

The Boxster S was well spec'd, with lots of toys and PDK with flappy paddles. It cost me nearly £60K!! It was by far the best car I ever owned, and handled better than pretty much anything else on the road. The latest 981, which I had, has a partial Aluminium shell which is apparently "80% stiffer" than the outgoing 987 model. The Boxster and Caymen are a true Porsche, anyone who thinks they aren't is wrong.

Why did I get rid of it? Because I ordered a new GT3, and unfortunately my order was cancelled as I apparently missed the boat and they only built a set number of cars. I personally think it was because they were so far behind with the GT3RS?

So, that's why I have a GT86 now. I bought it to chop about and tune, much more fun than simply driving a fast Porsche around.

I will be getting a test drive in the new 'Stang, just to see what it's like.

I would have to buy the V8, but I don't do a lot of miles, so I can understand the sense in getting the 2.3. it's an awesome and very tuneable engine. Ferrea are doing a lot of work with the heads and valvetrain.

Having owned a brand new Boxster S 3.4, Brand new Mustang GT 4.6 V8 and a brand new GT86, I think I have a pretty valid opinion..

Well....you might think that, but I, on the other hand, have had five pints...thus my opinion is more valid than ANYTHING you could contribute...

Well....you might think that, but I, on the other hand, have had five pints...thus my opinion is more valid than ANYTHING you could contribute...

LMAO!!!!!

Hi All

What an emotive subject I seem to have started, I would simply love a V8 I can afford it, but just can't afford to run the bloody thing let alone tax and insure it !! Estimated 20MPG meaning 15-18 if you are lucky hence the 2.3 Ecoboost is my only option!!

JamesP1991 has rightly summed it up for me by saying the following:

"The 2.3 Eco boost motor will probably give you the best bang for buck! Best compromise of MPG, tax and running costs, plus you'll be able to tune them close to V8 speeds given they are turbocharged. Good luck Bumblebee"

So thanks to those like him who can understand my reasoning, if anybody wants to see it in the flesh I will try arrange a meet up once I have it most likely nov/dec if the dealer can be trusted as I am assured I'm in the first batch I will believe it when I see it and will miss the GT86 dearly in the meantime and the good advice and banter on the forums.

Thankyou all and I've only had a couple of beers lol