chillismoke

Just took out a new policy with Prestige

Okay, So I got caught speeding last year and picked up 3 points, I then put my car in a ditch in January with enough damage to have to claim through my insurance. So my insurance policy was going to increase.

I was insured with the AA last year for £511

This year they wanted £1,450

these are the quotes I got based on 18,000 miles (business & social) totally standard 86, fully comp.

Sky = £2,776

Adrian Flux = £1,400

Aviva =£1,400

the other quotes were ridiculous as i have 0 years no claims now.

Prestige came in the best as i am paying monthly and have £100 excess with them due to one of there excess protect policys £1,334

Moral of this story, don't speed, don't crash, don't drive as many miles a year as me. consider Prestige when you get your renewal. I dealt with a gentleman called Shorif who was very polite and helpful

When I first looked at getting the car, I'm sure it was the same group as my Clio 200 which was group 16, but that was the old insurance grouping, so the one grouping is 25? I think. But it might have changed since, no idea.....never hear or use insurance groups anymore.....they died out?

When I first looked at getting the car, I'm sure it was the same group as my Clio 200 which was group 16, but that was the old insurance grouping, so the one grouping is 25? I think. But it might have changed since, no idea.....never hear or use insurance groups anymore.....they died out?

According to Parkers the standard GT86 insurance group is higher than for the TRD, but the Gallo is higher than both which makes no sense unless the car has crept up the list slightly over the last few years and so newer models are penalised: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/toyota/gt86/coupe-2012/insurance/

To make it even more odd and arbitrary the BRZ groups are lower than GT86 ones for the same blinkin' car: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/insurance/car-insurance-groups/subaru/brz/coupe-2012/

There's a lot more that will affect premiums than the make it up as we go along insurance groups above though such as previous claims, postcode, gender and of course most annoyingly (for younger comrades rather than old farts like me) age. Also, apparently premiums on all cars are rising across the board this year.

One positive I've noticed is that the mainstream comparison sites are now making it easy to declare most common mods (in generalised categories) and still churning out a reasonable number of quotes that often are not a lot more than for the unmodded quotes.

According to Parkers the standard GT86 insurance group is higher than for the TRD, but the Gallo is higher than both which makes no sense unless the car has crept up the list slightly over the last few years and so newer models are penalised: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/toyota/gt86/coupe-2012/insurance/

To make it even more odd and arbitrary the BRZ groups are lower than GT86 ones for the same blinkin' car: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/insurance/car-insurance-groups/subaru/brz/coupe-2012/

There's a lot more that will affect premiums than the make it up as we go along insurance groups above though such as previous claims, postcode, gender and of course most annoyingly (for younger comrades rather than old farts like me) age. Also, apparently premiums on all cars are rising across the board this year.

One positive I've noticed is that the mainstream comparison sites are now making it easy to declare most common mods (in generalised categories) and still churning out a reasonable number of quotes that often are not a lot more than for the unmodded quotes.

The Giallo being higher makes perfect sense

Limited number of a vehicle will mean it's probably more expensive to start with, but also more appealing to any car thieves