Gringosteve

5 year warranty details

I wouldnt say I clean my callipers however is does aid in keeping your wheels clean as you can get all of the crap off the inside, I massively overheated mine at japfest and the paint is still strong however they will do until my bbk turn up when the company finally pull there fingers out

On 31/05/2015 at 1:44 PM, Lauren said:

Also worth remembering the last two years of the warranty are not comprehensive like the first three are. Or in my car now I'm over 60K

I'm a relatively new owner of a 2103 car. Is there any documentation about the difference in warranty cover between years 1-3, and years 4 and 5? I haven't been able to find anything - just the mentions of a "5 year warranty". (I'm only at 16k miles, so nowhere a 60k limit).

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I'm a relatively new owner of a 2103 car. Is there any documentation about the difference in warranty cover between years 1-3, and years 4 and 5? I haven't been able to find anything - just the mentions of a "5 year warranty". (I'm only at 16k miles, so nowhere a 60k limit).

You won't find anything as some Toyota dealers don't know themselves

5 hours ago, Philip said:

Well, after three years which means you're in the last two years of warranty regardless of mileage it means that wear and tear items won't be covered but tbh your mileage will vary depending upon your dealer. Any warranty claim on a vehicle that is over three years old or 60k miles has to be submitted to Toyota and approved.

I had a leaking cam plate gasket replaced under warranty yesterday. I'm on 93K miles. I also had a coilpack changed at 90K miles. 

Battery isn't covered after 3 years. I know this, as I'm currently in a battle with Toyota to claim back the £120 I've just had to spend to replace the old 48Ah battery, which had died on me on multiple occasions. 

50 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Battery isn't covered after 3 years. I know this, as I'm currently in a battle with Toyota to claim back the £120 I've just had to spend to replace the old 48Ah battery, which had died on me on multiple occasions. 

I have just had mine replaced along with a driverside window due to scratching, my car is 3 years 7months old.

9 hours ago, nikndel said:

So who else has had their battery changed on a car over 3 years old under warranty?

Me, yesterday. Mine was first registered 1 September 2012 so nearly 4.1/2 years old. 

Having said that, I've had a new engine under warranty so a battery here or there made little difference. ;)