Minion

Noise Levels

Hi Everyone

I was looking at maybe getting some track time in now its coming to the summer but wanted to make sure my car did not exceed the sound limits. What is the best way to check how many Decibels your car is?

Thanks

Jake

I have done quite a few exhaust mods so kind of unsure on how loud it will be now  :( , Do you know of anywhere that you can get it tested? As don't want to book in for a track day and then my car be to loud to go out.

The general rule of thumb is, if you think your exhaust is loud, then it will be too loud for the track. 

Your best bet is to go to your nearest circuit and ask them to noise test it for you. The most common way is 3/4 revs 0.5mm from the exhaust tip at a 45 degree angle. 

you can always get an app for a smartphone to give you a rough estimate of the noise but bear in mind it wont be as accurate as what is used at tracks though should give you enough of an idea if you will fail or not

Lol doh :D

With regards to using your phone, do some research on your phone first as some phones can't measure further than 90dbs or around that mark dude to the actual hardware limitations.