Shassan90

Thinking of buying one...

Hello!!

I'm thinking of getting a GT86 but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to decide which colour to choose (they all look so nice). I would really like to see a pearl white one in real life (as opposed to online), but struggling to find a dealership near me that has one on show.

I was wondering if any pearl white owners would be kind enough for me to come and have a look at their car? I live in Reading, Berkshire and can quite easily commute to surrounding areas via train.

I also have parents in St Albans, Hertfordshire that I visit on weekends - so could also potentially do that area.

Please let me know. No test drive needed - I just want to see what a white one looks like in real life!

Thanks,

Sha  :)

P.S. I also posted this in the main forum, not too sure where it belongs...

I don't suppose you fancy coming to Japfest at Castle Combe on Saturday? It's not that far from you. We'll have 68 cars on our stand, so every colour will I suspect be well represented and it'd be a great opportunity to speak to numerous owners. :)

Hi Sha,

As Lauren has mentioned, Japfest is the place you will see every colour! But it sounds like you do not have a car currently!

I will be driving up the M4 Friday afternoon on my way to the hotel for Japfest Saturday with my white one (though it does have a kit on it) so it looks a bit like Joseph's technicolour dream coat at the moment.

If you are about then, perhaps we could meet up briefly?

Hi Lauren/Rob,

Many thanks for your replies. Indeed - I don't have a car at the moment so Japfest will be quite difficult to make.

Rob - thanks for your kind offer. Ideally I'd like to see a 'natural' pearl white so might see if any other members have one I can see. If I don't have any success over the next few days, then I might take you up on your offer (work dependent as I may have to be in London on Friday).

Sha

Cant help you with white, but I'm very close to Reading. If you want to meet up and have a good nose at an 86 and chat just give me a shout.

Rgds

Kev

Welcome to the club, shame you weren't around earlier as I would have been able to show you a white GT86 (all be it just one side of it , the other side wouldn't have done the car justice), but now the car is almost repaired but to a complete different colour. I'm sure though that there are other white ones about, white and orange are probably the most common colours about.

Hi Sha,

Might be able to help out here. I work in Wokingham and as you know Reading is just down the road.

I will be at Japfest this weekend but could do something after work one evening. Don't need much of an excuse for a detour on my commute back home!

John

Hi John,

Thank you! A weekday evening this week would be perfect!

I appreciate you're doing me a favour - so I don't mind coming to you if it's easier. I actually work in Bracknell and my train passes Wokingham on the way back to Reading so I could quite easily jump off if you could meet me at Wokingham train station? I usually get the 5.50pm train from Bracknell which gets to Wokingham at 5.56pm - but I'm flexible around that time.

I'm not sure I can wait much longer, so the sooner, the better for me! I could even do this evening? I'll personal message you my details and you can drop me a text if it's easier.

Really excited now  :)

Thanks, Sha