Guest zen

Choosing aftermarket wheels - advice wanted

Just my two cents on rim choice:

Moving away from the stock et48 will affect the relationship between scrub radius and tyre centre patch. Moving out (lower offset for more poke) will make the car understeer a bit more.

Adding camber to the front pushes the scrub radius out slightly. Off the top of my head I think if you have 1.5 degree of camber you need to reduce wheel offset by 8mm to keep the same relationship between scrub raduis and tyre centre patch.

Moving away from the stock et48 will affect the relationship between scrub radius and tyre centre patch. Moving out (lower offset for more poke) will make the car understeer a bit more.

Adding camber to the front pushes the scrub radius out slightly. Off the top of my head I think if you have 1.5 degree of camber you need to reduce wheel offset by 8mm to keep the same relationship between scrub raduis and tyre centre patch.

what's scrub radius? never come across that term before

Interesting point, but for 95% of the people that change their wheels they won't be bothered about this

And it's not something you usually see on a GT86

Me thinks it's something usually suited to Ze Germans

Yeah I got similar comments when putting Volks CE28's on my Mini clubby, Japanese wheels on a German/British car.

I'm all for something different.

Quick question does anyone know if you can fit 4x 18x8 wheels and 4x 225 40 18 tyres in the back of the 86? Can the wheelsthen fit in the back once tyres are on?

I have the tyres and wheels being delivered to me then I need to get them to a tyre place to get them fitted, then the wheels back to mine ready to fit once coilovers are on.

Ok save me starting a new thread I searched and found this to ask a few questions

After meeting a few of your at Japfest last weekend the wife wants alloys. Only taken me 6 months and after seeing all the other 86's with lovely alloys she said we need some. Great

A few questions. 

What do I need to know when buying new wheels for the 86 if I go for the standard 17" x 7". Offset etc.. 17x7 et48 for the edit 

Also what I need to do if I go 18" x 8" offset.