TRDness

TOM's JDM Tail Lights

Hi all,

I've got a JDM set of TOM's red tail lights on the way over from japanparts.com. They are significantly cheaper ordering from there compared to getting them here in the UK (even with customs charges). Does anyone have any experience with the wiring of these? Will they plug and play directly with our EU tail light wiring or will I have to do some re-pinning to get them to work? They are E-marked however, no idea if that means they'll be compatable with european models. Should be a question asked before buying but there we go! Haha.

Thanks, Ajay

I'm sure the JDM ones are the same, it's only the US ones that are pinned differently.

How much were a pair through Japan Parts Ajay? They seem to be a fair bit more expensive on other sites compared to the Valenti rears.

That's because they are a fair bit better (IMO). Of course the 2nd gen Valenti's (Revo) are nice, whenever they get released.

Here you go James, about £205-210 depending on the £-¥ exchange rate on the day. Obviously factor in postage and customs 20% vat when they arrive. Still cheaper than UK vendors though.https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43297

OH MY just had a look at those 2nd gen valenti's, seriously considering ditching the TOM's when they come out!!!

Here you go James, about £205-210 depending on the £-¥ exchange rate on the day. Obviously factor in postage and customs 20% vat when they arrive. Still cheaper than UK vendors though.https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43297

OH MY just had a look at those 2nd gen valenti's, seriously considering ditching the TOM's when they come out!!!

Hmmm not too bad considering! I can't afford a set of different rears just now but it is definitely something I want to do later on in the year!

Haven't seen the 2nd gen Valentis yet, but my favourite has to be the Buddyclub version, best looking set on the market in my opinion!

If I'm looking at the correct set, the revo valenti's don't look massively different to me. Love the buddy club ones, my only problem with them is they don't really go with the lights at the front.

2nd gen revo valentis:

Here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AINpzsL2C38

And here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9HVDVunFk

Buddy club for me is a bit "mini aventador-ish" but they do suit certain car colours and body kits well. I'm a bit of an OEM+ guy which is why i went for the tom's, but the revo's have caught my eye!

So they're just normal Valenti's but with a sequential indicator?

The break light is diffused so looks like a bar, look at it compared to the standard Jewel items which have individual LEDs. The standard light bar is different and the indicators are also different as well as the option of sequential flashing.

Im very much considering the buddy clubs, about $450 in the US so around £320 (bringing myself so hopefully no import duty!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the sequential indicators, if they do a smoked version I'm all over 'em.

I've only seen red and clear versions, but they are still a way off retailing and info is thin on the ground so who knows....

Front Valenti headlights don't look that great to be honest, I see nothing wrong with our headlights as it is in my opinion, aren't they are already LED and carry daytime running lights?