Lauren

Second Milltek cracked

My first Milltek exhaust cracked on the join to the back box at 40K miles. Not terrible considering the mileage. 

Another was put on with no problem at all getting it sorted. It was a quick and painless affair due to Richard at RRG dealing with it. Well today I had a look after noting it was sounding a little different and it's gone again in exactly the same place, this time after only 16K miles. Considering I do about 25K miles a year, this one has only been on around 8 months!

10409240_10152581200831467_8333008182121

i always wanted a milltek on a car I owned and now I want to get shot of and this is further proof although ive heard of this a few times, big company standards dropping? 

They said they improved it so it wouldn't happen again didn't they? Did they fit another old one or something?

No they didn't say they changed it at all, Keith. It's simply that they will be thinking that the failure rate isn't high enough to warrant a redesign or adding say a flexi pipe. 

Ian, it's got a lifetime warranty, so though annoying, it at least gets changed free of charge. 

I might do though in the future. 

Have a few friends of mine who have highly modified VAG cars, and they all replaced their Milltek systems because of dodgy quality issues when they went to push over 300-400hp. 

Cracks, rust and a whole variety of issued they had, so It's sad to see you have had problems too Lauren, you must be so frustrated even if it does have a lifetime warranty! 

It is frustrating, James I agree. The first one going at 40K miles is not really so big an issue. The second one has only been on since last June though! That's not good enough. We'll see if I'm third time lucky or I'll be looking at other options if the next one breaks.

I think with the amount of mileage I do, I'm a good tester for aftermarket parts! 

It is frustrating, James I agree. The first one going at 40K miles is not really so big an issue. The second one has only been on since last June though! That's not good enough. We'll see if I'm third time lucky or I'll be looking at other options if the next one breaks.

I think with the amount of mileage I do, I'm a good tester for aftermarket parts! 

Trouble is, in the UK, exhaust options are still quite limited compared with the US, shame they always get the good bits first! 

Could be a job in there somewhere though, long term tester for all the big aftermarket companies, Free stuff all the time ;)