Keethos

Possible Meet/Event @ Coventry Airport

Evening All!

After a pretty successful meet at the DC6 diner the other week, I've was approached by the manager to see if we were interested in hosting a big meet or event there during the summer sometime.

Behind the diner, there is a big field with several aeroplanes and aircraft hangers that is part of their Aircraft Museum. The manager would like us to use this area to have an event or something, charging people admission to not only view their aircrafts but our cars too. So besides food on a plane, the other aeroplanes would be out and available for people to wonder into, they could have jets and stuff out too. There could potentially even be pay and ride in small aircrafts and even flybys etc.

These are all just ideas on potentially what we could do there besides having our cars on display. Because it's kind of up in the air at the moment (pun intended ), the manager says that he's open to suggestions on what else we could do there. Weather we try are make it a big GT86 & BRZ thing only, or perhaps a club thing and get other clubs involved.

So the point of this thread is to gauge the number interests as well as ideas on what else we could do there. Some have already shown interests in seeing if we could have access to the airstrip for some drag races or something (doubt we'd be able to do much more without some real support on safety, planning etc.). We can compile ideas here and I can then forward them on to Tony the manager.

Whenever suits most people I'd think. I'll have to have a look through my calendar to see when I can't do it

Whenever suits most people I'd think. I'll have to have a look through my calendar to see when I can't do it

Ok I will watch things pan out then

Well Carla can get Toyota involved easy enough, wonder if they'd be willing to manage that side, have a prize for the fastest time or something. But would we be allowed to do something like that? I.e. legally, heath and safety and all that stuff?

In respect of doing such an event, we'd need to use someone else's insurance, so it inevitably involves paying someone to run that side of things. 

maybe worth contacting a local motor club to see if they are up for the idea of an auto solo then we could possibly piggy back off their insurance if possible