Twigman

How long would you expect to have to wait for spares?

As some of you know I recently had some misfortune with my car.

I was quoted on 4th Feb for the parts required to make it good.

i accepted the quote and was told the parts would arrive 13th feb.

At the time I thought that was a long wait but this morning I am informed that they're not expected until 14th March!

Do Toyota not stock parts in UK?

If not then why not?

To me that is an appalling service - to have to be without my car for that long because the parts aren't available is awful.

Nowadays, for the parts I'm guessing you're talking about, I wouldn't expect them to have stock as it's not something that a large percentage of customers will change.

The more likely the part is to be changed in the natural life of a car, I would expect them to be more readily available...

Most Toyota stock is kept in Belgium which is 2-3 days to get it shipped here. However stuff that is quite specific may need to come all the way from Maebashi, Japan (i.e. Subaru) and that will take a month to ship. Airfreight is quicker but costs more.

What actual parts are you waiting on?

I am waiting on:-

TSU003-01423 x1 key kit

TSU003-04910 x1 ECU

TSU003-05123 x2 SMT transmitter

I think that to have to wait so long for the parts is appalling service whatever they are.

What makes it worse is that they initially quoted 13th Feb and now another month.

It's like they haven't a clue what's going on.

You haven't dealt with a car company before have you...?

They're all as bad as each other, did you go through a dealership or Toyota directly?

Oh yes I've dealt with car companies before but NEVER a company with as many false promises as this one.

Several times during the initial purchase my delivery date was changed...then all the grief over fitting the DAB module and now this.

I initially went through the dealer but have today taken it up with Toyota HQ.

Is it unreasonable to expect to be told exactly what to expect at the outset? Is it unreasonable to expect my car to be fixed in a couple of weeks rather than a couple of months?

I really don't think so.

This maybe someday perhaps with a favourable wind attitude stinks.

I am waiting on:-

TSU003-01423 x1 key kit

TSU003-04910 x1 ECU

TSU003-05123 x2 SMT transmitter

I think that to have to wait so long for the parts is appalling service whatever they are.

What makes it worse is theat they initially quoted 13th Feb and now another month.

It's like they haven't a clue what's going on.

It's probably because they ask the system on an eta and they are given one. Once ordered they are given a true date

It's probably because they ask the system on an eta and they are given one. Once ordered they are given a true date

Well their system is junk.

I have never been so frustrated as I have been with these muppets.

Several times during initial purchase delivery date was changed.

They screwed up the install of my arm rest at initial delivery - then denied that they had omitted 2 bolts even when I showed them! ( days of arguing).

the pain of getting the DAB module installed and now this.

Bunch of retarded muppets.

The worst customer experience I've ever had with ANY manufacturer.

As some of you know I recently had some misfortune with my car.

I was quoted on 4th Feb for the parts required to make it good.

i accepted the quote and was told the parts would arrive 13th feb.

At the time I thought that was a long wait but this morning I am informed that they're not expected until 14th March!

Do Toyota not stock parts in UK?

If not then why not?

To me that is an appalling service - to have to be without my car for that long because the parts aren't available is awful. 3 months for lights

Sorry understand how you feel but I think your insurance company has some strange rules

My insurance company have nothing to do with this - it would be the same situation if they were involved.

It's Toyota's utter incompetence at giving the customer accurate information and their total lack of ability (and seeming lack of interest) to resolve the situation in a timely manner.

Their system isn't junk, it's standard issue, most companies use similar systems. It's given you a lead time, it's increased. yes it's a bummer but would you rather they didn't give you a lead time and just order it all anyway? They should of made you aware that lead times were subject to change. But that's dealership issue not toyota as a whole.

Their system isn't junk, it's standard issue, most companies use similar systems. It's given you a lead time, it's increased. yes it's a bummer but would you rather they didn't give you a lead time and just order it all anyway? They should of made you aware that lead times were subject to change. But that's dealership issue not toyota as a whole.

yes their system is junk.

To inaccurately predict an ETA with a >400% error is a joke. (9 days to 6 weeks + )

I would rather they give ACCURATE information in the first place and not lie to their customers.

That's what they're doing, they're lying to their customers.

No way to treat us if you ask me.

Whatever way you look at it 6 weeks plus is a disgrace.

I cannot be the only customer in Europe this has happened to.

Are they not prepared for such eventualities?

They should hold some stock in Europe, surely?

Bunch of retarded muppets.

The worst customer experience I've ever had with ANY manufacturer.

could just be that dealer you have been using, perhaps use another one next time to see if service is improved

could just be that dealer you have been using, perhaps use another one next time to see if service is improved

Not unless I want to travel a great distance.

All my local dealers are run by the same company. No choice.

Not sure it's the dealer tbh as it's Toyota who supply the parts, isn't it?

Not unless I want to travel a great distance.

All my local dealers are run by the same company. No choice.

Not sure it's the dealer tbh as it's Toyota who supply the parts, isn't it?

yeah it's going to be Toyota/Subaru who will be supplying the parts however a better garage could've gave you a more realistic time frame, MRG told me that I'd be looking at minimum of 3-4 weeks for my parts from Japan so they were pretty much on the ball.

As for going a great distance for another dealership, MRG are in Chippenham which is just over 70 miles from me, there is a Subaru dealer closer to me in Chard which is only about 40 miles however after just a quick call to both I decided I would be prepared to go further away to get a better level of service, they were a lot more accommodating to my situation whereas the other garage didn't seem to care too much about my issue

I want to say sorry to Ian for my stupid remark about his car I was so pleased to see it back safe and sound this has been troubling me all day. As for parts 3 months for a set of lights for me but how much is a dealer going to spend on parts he may hold and never use. not defending them but with a slow selling car and not many new sales I don't see an improvement.

I got told today that this is the first time 'in Europe' that this has been done.

Really? I mean REALLY?

I very much doubt that however I was told these were 'the facts' - yes of course they are.

Anyway apparently the dealer is blaming TGB's computer which apparently said 13 feb initially then changed to 14 mar...this is apparently linked to the factory production schedule....of course it is - if it was then surely the part 'available' on 13 feb would still be available today as i am told that nobody 'in Europe' has ever needed that part..........

Do you ever get the feeling you're being taken for a ride?

I got told today that this is the first time 'in Europe' that this has been done.

Really? I mean REALLY?

I very much doubt that however I was told these were 'the facts' - yes of course they are.

Anyway apparently the dealer is blaming TGB's computer which apparently said 13 feb initially then changed to 14 mar...this is apparently linked to the factory production schedule....of course it is - if it was then surely the part 'available' on 13 feb would still be available today as i am told that nobody 'in Europe' has ever needed that part..........

Do you ever get the feeling you're being taken for a ride?

This is not always the case, I was going to explain to you yesterday in detail why, but didn't think i'd get anywhere. The short and curlies of it is, lead times can be very unpredictable due to supply and demand. They do not hold separate stock for aftersales and as such, new cars take precedence over your fault

While I understand what you're saying Rob it still sucks being on the receiving end.

I really think it is no way to treat customers.

To my mind the supply date should form part of the contract between the customer and the dealer.

The dealer should be able to honour that date.

I know that my business would cease to be if my supply dates were wrong by a month.

Why do car manufacturers think it's OK to treat customers this poorly?

I think if you're this unhappy all you can do is complain to Toyota. We can't really offer anything here. It may well be you are the first person in Europe to end up in what is a pretty unusual situation, i.e. your car was stolen with the key, then it was returned but you don't have that key. The probability of that situation occurring is very low I would say and therein lies your problem.