remal

Just wanted to say hello

Joined a while ago but never posted. So though it was about time. 

From Bristol and we have a Orange 86 since Aug. Love the thing. and will be taking it to Europe for a tour with a few mates in May. Switzerland, Germany, france etc...

Hope you don't mind me having a look about. Looks a great forum 

regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum, looks like we have another Ginger Ninja on board :) keep us updated on the tour, do you have any plans for it? Track days etc?

Quite a lot of us are in to the TSS (Toyota Sprint Series) if you really want to enjoy the car it's worth considering.

Regards,

Rob

Hya Rob, never looked into TSS before so thats new to me. 

The 86 was for the wife to replace her S max and we both fell in love with it. So we take it in turns to use during the week. I went to Drfit Matsuri last Oct with the 86 but not one track. . 

I have other toys to use on track. I have done many circuits over the past few years on my Honda Fireblade or Tiger Supercat kit car. So the 86 is nice to have something with a little power and comfort compared to them

Another one from the south west :D Welcome to the club

it's a shame your euro tour is in may otherwise you could've joined us at JapFest, though I'm sure that tour will be loads of fun

Welcome to the club Matt, glad you're enjoying out forum. Any plans to mod the car at all? And yes, please do keep us update with your trip!

cheers all for the welcome. 

Mods oh god yes. standard at the moment, Saving for the mods. carbon Strut brace I would like soon. Work Wheels but may keep with the 17" as i'm not a fan of big wheels. The BIL was a long time Toyota Mech so he's going to service the car and will add possibly a Cosworth air filer or maybe some sort of other ram air filter Jobbie, Then a Supercharger or maybe Turbo the car. We had it since new and intend to keep this long term. 

Just a question how is the best way to upload a few pics 

cheers again 

Easiest way is if you use Facebook or any other service that you can upload photos to, you can just copy the photo url, then click on the insert pictures button and just paste the link in there. Alternatively, paste the link between (IMG) and (/IMG) but replace the brackets with square brackets.

Driftworks sell Work Wheels: 

http://www.driftworks.com/work-wheels/

I'm quite tempted for a set of Equip 03's for my AE86. Okay these aren't forged wheels of the Rays type, but at least they are original JDM wheels and not copies of something else. :)

I stayed 17's with my wheels, though I went an inch wider to 8", it works pretty well. I would add, though the moment you put on a nice set of wheels you will have to lower the car! 

Driftworks sell Work Wheels: 

http://www.driftworks.com/work-wheels/

I'm quite tempted for a set of Equip 03's for my AE86. Okay these aren't forged wheels of the Rays type, but at least they are original JDM wheels and not copies of something else. :)

I stayed 17's with my wheels, though I went an inch wider to 8", it works pretty well. I would add, though the moment you put on a nice set of wheels you will have to lower the car! 

I've been a member of Driftworks for a few years so thats where I was going to get the Works emotion wheels I liked. like you said I would rather have the original lol

I'm also on Pistonheads and have been for over 10 years as a few bike forums mainly 1000rr.co.uk

But god I found this forum as it should come in handy for like minded 86 owners  :)