Riceburner

TSS Celica GT PREP

Well,with the new season just around the corner.It was time to blow the cobwebs off the old girl and do some prep work. 

My trusted Techs fitted a oil catch tank

post-231-0-66107200-1423572942_thumb.jpg

A gauge pod with oil,pressure,temp & coolant temp gauges 

post-231-0-15751400-1423573032.jpg

A BEE-R Rev limiter with Launch control.A interesting bit of kit which cuts the ignition rather than the fuel to keep engine temps down for better protection.Launch control is activated by handbrake switch.

Can be adjusted to suit a hard or soft cut & produces some rather loud bangs & flame throwing out of the back end. :D

post-231-0-01971400-1423572987.jpg

post-231-0-42545800-1423573586.jpg

Not sure if the knock sensor on your engine is the same as in the 3S-GTE but there has been cases in the GT4 world of the Bee-r limiters killing them, especially on the hard cut setting... Not that it'll be an issue for you to get a new one

Not sure if the knock sensor on your engine is the same as in the 3S-GTE but there has been cases in the GT4 world of the Bee-r limiters killing them, especially on the hard cut setting... Not that it'll be an issue for you to get a new one

I thought Betty was loud enough anyway without added pops and bangs?

I think you are right Jamie,it will cause issues if overused or misused like anything.If used as designed and not just for the party piece it will be fine.   

You said it was likely to get a bit damp on Sunday Rich....

Oh how right you were, you just forgot to mention the torrential bit and the wind, thunder and lightning.. still, I enjoyed watching, even if I did get soaked!!

Nigel - it was even worse as a spectator !

The most popular place in the paddock was Maz's marquee... many thanks to Maz for bringing it and his helpers for keeping it groundside in the wind..

Rich - car looked good and Paula as usual looked better..

Spec K

A bit of work on the rear of the celica this weekend with addition of adjustable rear arms and polybushed trailing arms.

The rubber bushes we're crumbling causing a lot of movement in the rear hubs.Should help with the understeer and now has fully adjustable camber and toe with ease.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What a great design by Toyota there.. much better than the beam design all front wheel drive cars seem to have these days.

Now you have all that adjustment what will you do? Rear Toe on a FWD car really makes a big difference to the handling and stability under all circumstances!!

What a great design by Toyota there.. much better than the beam design all front wheel drive cars seem to have these days.

Now you have all that adjustment what will you do? Rear Toe on a FWD car really makes a big difference to the handling and stability under all circumstances!!

I am running 3 degrees of camber & slight toe out to improve the understear and we will see how she fares at cadwell

I tried it on my sprint Lancia beta years ago. It became undriveable off the throttle. The back end used to just wander around like it was on drag slicks!!