GREMLIN

hello everyone

hi everyone looking forward to meeting some of you at japfest and japfest 2  only became a GT86 owner since 27th dec got plates changed and next is window tints on the list  will be adding sound system to car then start thinking mods most of you have the GT86 with twin pipes is there many TRD owners 

Welcome aboard. Yes, upgrading the sound system was the first thing I did too. The stock system is awful and I wasn't impressed by the JBL either. 

By twin pipes do you mean quad pipes? There are some that have done this, but not that many I would say. 

There were 250 TRD's converted at the docks, so there should be a few about, though I'm not sure Toyota actually sold 250. We have a few members on here with TRD's. 

I was in my dealer this week and they said they was going to call me as they had a Black TRD I would not have changed as they got what I thought was a good price for it so there is a TRD around here I shall keep a watch out for it  I see 1 86 a month round here!

I have a TRD with the standard quad pipes, very pleased with it I am too!

There appears to only be 108 TRDs taxed on the road at the moment so quite rare. Must be lots clogging up dealer forecourts if 250 were indeed "converted".

I would like to change the exhaust on mine but keep the quad pipe look, but so far haven't found anyone who has done this without going FI.

Welcome to comments though...

Richard (Riceburner) at RRG had a custom quad system made for his TRD Demo car. In fact when I think abou it, he had two TRD's done by JP. Was beautiful and made by JP Exhausts which I really think are amongst the best exhaust fabricators in the country. 

The TRD exhaust is just way too quiet IMO. 

Hi Gremlin welcome to the club, hope your enjoying the car. Sound system is a good upgrade as the stock one is poor. Where abouts in Surrey are you based?

im in old coulsdon where are you a bouts

Welcome aboard. Yes, upgrading the sound system was the first thing I did too. The stock system is awful and I wasn't impressed by the JBL either. 

By twin pipes do you mean quad pipes? There are some that have done this, but not that many I would say. 

There were 250 TRD's converted at the docks, so there should be a few about, though I'm not sure Toyota actually sold 250. We have a few members on here with TRD's. 

hi lauren what do you recommend for sound system and wheres best place in surrey area thanks

I have a TRD with the standard quad pipes, very pleased with it I am too!

There appears to only be 108 TRDs taxed on the road at the moment so quite rare. Must be lots clogging up dealer forecourts if 250 were indeed "converted".

I would like to change the exhaust on mine but keep the quad pipe look, but so far haven't found anyone who has done this without going FI.

Welcome to comments though...

hi i had to buy a auto ted as too tall to drive a manual bit gutted but yeh like a noisier exhaust system as well did u say F1 was only place

Richard (Riceburner) at RRG had a custom quad system made for his TRD Demo car. In fact when I think abou it, he had two TRD's done by JP. Was beautiful and made by JP Exhausts which I really think are amongst the best exhaust fabricators in the country. 

The TRD exhaust is just way too quiet IMO. 

is this place local to me or up north

hi lauren what do you recommend for sound system and wheres best place in surrey area thanks

Well, it simply depends upon what you want to spend. The OEM Audio + upgrade is favoured by some and at about a grand it's not too expensive. 

I think the standard head unit is poor though. If you haven't got nav consider ditching it for something better. The problem for me with it, was that there is not separate sub adjustment on the stock unit. Also the screen is pretty low res. 

Also the rear speakers are beyond useless and basically serve no purpose. The front speakers are incredible for how light they are, but they are still no good really. Also the tweeters atop the dash are not in a good position for acoustics. 

I went for an Alpine head unit and I had my arm twisted to go for digital sound processing via Audison. It did cost me quite a lot in the end, but really what I have now is incomparable to the stock or even JBL system. 

Here's what I did: http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/807-my-wikkid-sound-install/

Unfortunately most of the pics have disappeared, so I have uploaded to Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62120109@N06/sets/72157650385396966/

im in old coulsdon where are you a bouts

I'm over in Cranleigh. Can't suggest any audio places unfortunately as I've always done my own. The oem+ gets good reviews though.

hi i had to buy a auto ted as too tall to drive a manual bit gutted but yeh like a noisier exhaust system as well did u say F1 was only place

I meant forced injection ie turbo or supercharger.

When this is fitted a new exhaust would be required but if there was a simple answer such as remove a cat or change a pipe here or there and keep the TRD quad tailpipes I'd be very interested.

If you find out anything keep us all posted!

Really? Welcoming him 9 months after being a fairly active member...

he's done that on every introduction topic it seems, posted it on mine too and I've been here for about 9 months and very active

Sorry guys :( It's like Rob said was catching up with the 86 Life as I simply not had time to post up plus I did say to Rob and the 2 Keith's :P that I was start getting more involved with the day to day posting on the Forum and Club :P

There was a back log to go through :D

Edited by Test Drives Unlimited