Glacialfire

Some more Pic's of the Banana

I took these before I shot off to Bute for the New Year, as you can probably notice from all the booze sat at the door in one of the pics.

Really enjoying it, even though at the moment it only involves driving to work in the dark, and coming home in the dark. It does make going to work and coming home alot more fun. 

Had a few comments from workmates about it, most positive, but a few not so much. I'll put it down to jealousy or a healthy hatred of yellow.  :D

It certainly polarizes opinions, and surely that's a good thing. As long as I like it  :)

post-876-0-09397600-1420671331_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-23960300-1420671404_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-02470100-1420671554_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-80758700-1420671602_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-84387800-1420671773_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-63801900-1420671793_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-01638200-1420671807_thumb.jpg

I bought No 5 a couple of weeks ago. I really need to go and take a few pics of it for the forum.

I'm off to the South Coast next weekend so I'll do the job there.

Have you run your's in yet Glacial? I'm on about 300 miles so far.

Nick, I recall that they are only selling 86 of them - whether that's just for the UK or not I don't know.

This is one I'd put on blocks in the garage for twenty years - worth a fortune.

Spec K

I think its 86 worldwide but don't quote it on me Keith!

It's UK only, so another UK special. I honestly don't see how it's going to be worth a huge amount more when it is is purely cosmetic additions. Providing that colour doesn't make it to the options list, then it will command a premium, but this won't be a fortune over a non Gialla. 

The Black Limited AE86 which was the JDM only run out for the last of the AE86's had no performance additions, though had different dash lighting and a unique colour scheme is worth a fair amount more. But, we don't know at this point what other special versions of the GT86 will come out yet and providing the car is is improved when it's revised during it's production life, it's normally the later cars that become the most desirable. 

So in that respect it's really hard to tell what will be worth money in years to come as we simply don't know what's going to happen yet. 

I bought No 5 a couple of weeks ago. I really need to go and take a few pics of it for the forum.

I'm off to the South Coast next weekend so I'll do the job there.

Have you run your's in yet Glacial? I'm on about 300 miles so far.

I just ticked over 700 miles mate. Work's been busting my sprouts since I got back in the new year, and just haven't had a proper opportunity to take it out for a lengthy spin on my own. 

That's the first month up yesterday. Really, really liking it. Haven't had it over 4000 yet. I think I may have it for the long haul, so trying to do right by it and run it in properly. (even though the dealership said it's not really necessary) (can anyone elaborate, is this really the case?)

I think just give it varied driving. I edged the rpm up as I got nearer a 1000miles. I also made sure I gave it full throttle in 2nd gear a few times, just from 3-5000rpm then lift off, that sort of thing. Vary the speed and all that. I've done 53K miles. My car uses no oil. :)

I love that colour, it looks stunning, but then, yellow is my favourite colour...

I would imagine it stands out a lot with the background of the grey and dreary weather you've been having lately? It certainly stands out in front of those lovely old buildings you're parked in front of.

I think just give it varied driving. I edged the rpm up as I got nearer a 1000miles. I also made sure I gave it full throttle in 2nd gear a few times, just from 3-5000rpm then lift off, that sort of thing. Vary the speed and all that. I've done 53K miles. My car uses no oil. :)

Sound's sensible. I'll start easing the rev's up. Not an unpleasant noise, so I'm sure it wont be a hardship! :)

I love that colour, it looks stunning, but then, yellow is my favourite colour...

I would imagine it stands out a lot with the background of the grey and dreary weather you've been having lately? It certainly stands out in front of those lovely old buildings you're parked in front of.

Thank's.  :) Yeah, the weather hasn't been great of late. SW Scotland isn't particularly known for having parched conditions, but the last few month's have been unusually unpleasant. On the upside however, the day's are starting to noticeably lengthen, and when you get the great weather in this part of the world, the vista's make you want to drive the tank dry.  :D

The manual states to run it in for 1000 miles and not going over 4000 rpm.

Some other countries have limited edition Gialos. Italy have only 50 in their series though they are not individually numbered by the looks of it.

http://www.toyota.it/gamma/gt86/gt86-limited-edition.json

The US has a Scion Gialo of some sorts. Series has 1500 cars and they seem to have added TRD bits and pieces to it too.

http://www.scion.com/cars/release_series/FRSRS1/

France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Canada (don't even sell the GT86 there), Australia, Poland, Russia, Czek Republic and New Zealand don't do the Gialo.