Twigman

To those of you who are supercharged...

I have been thinking about boosting.

I do get the car in NA trim and enjoy having to hustle it but it would be nice once in a while to not have to drop 2 cogs to get the speed up on an overtake and perhaps be a bit lazier with the gears.

One nagging question.....

Does the whine of the blower get on your tits at all?

I mean it's always there isn't it?

I was chatting to a friend about this and he told me he had a mate who'd fitted a blower to one of his cars (no idea what) and had moaned that it was too loud and intrusive and after a while he'd got fed up with it and took it off!

So what's a blower like on the motorway while listening to radio4extra?

Ian,

You are welcome to test drive mine at any time, as for how loud it is, no it's not loud. It's audible above 5k but it's by no means loud. Anything below that my exhaust overpowers it to be honest with you. Bare in mind you don't have to get a twin screw charger.

Compared to the kit I had on my MX5 the Sprintex is very very quiet. My MX5 sounded like a Spitfire fighter and was very very addictive. You only hear the Sprintex when gunning it at higher revs. Having said that since the 2nd decat pipe was fitted mine sounds oh so very sweet when you open it up. (H & S unres & cobra 2nd cat delete res) maybe that`s why I can`t hear the charger.......again you are welcome for a ride. I will be at Abbey Jan 2nd for 4 wheel alignment after fitting the HKS coil overs. At motorway speeds no drone and very tolerable.

I have been thinking about boosting.

I do get the car in NA trim and enjoy having to hustle it but it would be nice once in a while to not have to drop 2 cogs to get the speed up on an overtake and perhaps be a bit lazier with the gears.

One nagging question.....

Does the whine of the blower get on your tits at all?

I mean it's always there isn't it?

are you a closet superchargeist? I am supprised

I was chatting to a friend about this and he told me he had a mate who'd fitted a blower to one of his cars (no idea what) and had moaned that it was too loud and intrusive and after a while he'd got fed up with it and took it off!

So what's a blower like on the motorway while listening to radio4extra?

A closet superchargist I am suprised

Nick don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the car in NA guise - it's a lot of fun keeping it on cam and stirring the box...and I'm not sure the budget will justify a blower....just curious

it sounds like old car stereos interfering with speakers and spark plugs... but very quiet. Whine kicks in after 5000rpm and meanwhile you feeling the boost and the torque on your chest... It gives the chills. Really!!! And gives a great grin to the face and when you look around, you are alone because they are so small in the mirror...

Happiness is loneliness! :)

Whine is great and adds much character to the burble-less lump.

Wonder if the Sprintex 335 whines even more; guess we will find out in the new year :)

Probably less as it will be spinning at a slower speed to get the same power, and not many people have built the bottom ends to cope with what it can deliver.