Captain G

New member ish

Hi all, apologies for not introducing myself earlier, was dissed a bit for not. New to this, having run Toyota Hi lux's for my business for 15yrs and had no issues, was about to purchase a BMW M3 as my mid life crisis car, with huge running costs. My son was watching a movie called Born to race or something (as he is a real petrol head) in which they were racing Celicas, that's when I thought Toyota, as love my trucks.

Googled and found the GT86, toyed with the TRD version but loved the clean lines of standard and thought a bit old for spoilers and skirts. Having taken out a couple from a Toyota dealership which were 12 months old but had been mistreated, decided to buy private and find someone who loved keeping their vehicles as good as I.

Finally found one in Tunbridge Wells a good 3hrs from me, but as he had sent me extra photos on request and being same age, decided to make the trip. Car was all and more than expected, done the deal gave him full asking price as could not fault. Car was a 62 plate,Pearlescent white, 16000miles, leather, JBL sound system, Miltek exhaust, Touch & Go, Reverse sensors, Powder black alloys with red calipers done by dealership, Private Plate TH12 TOY.

Love it, not moved off drive yet, already bought and fitted armrest just ordered XXR 527s 18 x 8.75 in flat black, although the originals are immaculate, just want to fill those arches, so will advertise old ones when fitted. Then will have a turbo fitted when wife goes on holiday next July, I know what a pussy. Have been reading all your posts to do with mapping etc very interesting. That's why I decided on the XXR 527s from SRB Power and spoke with Dan, very helpful. Regards Captain G

Hi, 

You don't need to apologise for not introducing yourself, though it always helps as then we know where abouts you are etc and can keep an eye out for you :)

I do like Hi-Lux's, was tempted with one as I think they can be handy machines. Though thinking practically I don't really need it. Also glad to see you have got the best colour ;)

Hi and welcome. The more you drive it, the more you'll love it!! I had my heart set on white but was too impatient

As for the trucks? Nothing beats a hilux, still kicking myself for not buying the one my friend had!

Welcome Captain.

Faultless choice of car for 'mid-life crisis man' (or 'woman', for that matter..)

Great choice to f/i as well... if we make a meet you're welcome to try my car..

Spec K

Thanks Spec K. Looking forward to turbo as it will just push it into a different league, although quite happy with basic performance but just want better. Just fitted 18 x 8.75 XXR 527s with stretched 225/40s looks great. CaptainG