pwrout

Turbo or Supercharger

Someone hook me up with a really good price for a turbo or supercharger for my 86. I'm looking to go FI at some point in the near future (probably next year as i need to save the money but I'm going to start working on it) Ive got the styling, aero etc to the point i want but next is to up the power.

DSC_2083.jpg

DSC_2106.jpgDSC_2242.jpg

car should hopefully be featured in a magazine soonish and I have more quality mods happening. Could be good for advertising but I'm not into having stickers on it really.

Im interested in the avo kit, Greddy, cosworth kit and hks kit mainly but open to hear what companies are doing.

You need to decide what kind of power delivery, hp goal etc that you want first before anyone can recommend you a kit to suit what you want. Also car use.

Turbo / centrifugal / roots & screw all deliver power differently.

The Cosworth Stage 2 looks to be the best well engineered package IMO. By the time you come to the point you are ready to purchase, there might be a few people with it fitted.

I have my concerns with all the current FI kit but so far the Cosworth is the only kit I might consider fitting to my car.

GPRM might have a supercharger developed/ in development too  ;)

Best people to speak to are Mark @ Abbey about Sprintex/HKS supercharger kits or Adrian @ Fensport for turbo stuff

I'm sure either can supply both but as far as I know Abbey have more experience with superchargers which is how most of us FI lot have gone and no real issues from what I've seen/heard, so it's what I'd recommend. Check out my thread on here for when I had it fitted and tuned a few months back