If your not using regularly then yes a trickle charger is a good idea, always used them on my motorbikes and for little cost it's a no brainier really.

Easy to fit, just remember to disconnect before reversing out the garage.

John

It seems to be the case that if you don't drive your car the battery tends to go flat. 

I left mine for 15 days and it was fine, but I do stupid mileage. If your use was low preceding leaving it, then you might want to take a friend and some jump leads. 

I'm sure the car park will have a booster pack available. This happens all the time.

I left my Boxster in the garage for a week, unlocked. It went totally flat!!

Just dont fit an Evo Ballistic fireball special.......then again Adrian's one is still "unexploded" so they cant all be bad  :P

I've got a Braille lightweight jobbie going on mine soon so I'll report back after its had some cold winters start ups to deal with.

I have a Powervamp 25 battery designed to be used in a race car. I bought it in January 2009 or 2010 at the NEC Autosport show, brought it home and put it in a cupboard in the kitchen.

I completely forgot I had it and came across it a couple of weeks ago. I put a meter across it, which read.. wait for it.. 13.8 volts, after at least five years in storage!! I had the battery off my '86 so thought I'd try it on the car.. It started from cold!!! Unbelievable!!

I know I know, some of you will think this is BS.. I swear, every word is true!!! I'm tempted to put it on the car permanently?

I put mine on a trickle charger, and have been unscrewing the cell caps (old habit) whilst charging.  The Toyota service manager said I did not need to do that with "our" batteries because they are sealed units and I am only trickle charging.

Any thoughts/comments on this would be helpful please. 

I put mine on a trickle charger, and have been unscrewing the cell caps (old habit) whilst charging.  The Toyota service manager said I did not need to do that with "our" batteries because they are sealed units and I am only trickle charging.

Any thoughts/comments on this would be helpful please.

Had a trickle charger on my old Alfa Romeo and both my bikes, never had a problem..

They are all sealed for life batteries..