Hi Matt, 

Yes the Cosworth stage 1.0 is now available

Stage 1.0 Power Package includes: 

Cosworth High Flow Air Filter 

Cosworth Low Temperature Thermostat 

Cosworth Calibration Files & Ecutek License 

Exclusive Cosworth Car Badge 

The cost is £595 + vat and fitting is £100 + vat

The only way we could tweak it for another exhaust is to have a Fensport remap on top which would work out as extra charge 

Cheers

Adrian

Suspicious about what exactly?

The sprintex charger is far inferior to Eatons TVS superchargers at the same given sizes (I've no personal experience with HKS but have Rotrex and they are good at what they are designed to do) Cosworths package is the most extensively R&D tested fit and forget 'kit' to be released and you pay extra for that time. IMO I dont feel the kit is overpriced.

Suspicious about the numbers...I don't doubt the engineering, but the numbers look like they've been afflicted by the marketing spin disease...No engineer would ever mix imperial and metric!

Sprintex vs Eaton is going to be dependent on what you're after...looking at Mark's dyno graphs gives you a really good picture of boost pickup comparing turbo, sprintex and hks v2...just gotta wait for the Cosworth to be added  :P

I have to admit, Adrian saying that "All Cosworth parts will now be available separately" is a big plus - that was one area that I felt was a shame (having already paid for an exhaust and remap).

The Sprintex dyno graphs look great until it start sto get hot..... You don't see this on dynos but on track people have reported timing being pulled due to high IATs. Even someone with a 10:1 compression is seeing timing pulled during heavy track use.

The would suspect that the Cosworth kit will be better designed to handle whatever you throw at it. The Intercoolers certainly look a lot bigger than the single one under the sprintex SC.

Also worth noting that the Sprintex kit is maxed out with the 69mm pulley whereas the Cosworth  Stage 2.0 is only at 70%. If in future if you have a built engine the charger is capable of >350HP with a smaller pulley.

Some more info

The Cosworth supercharger and intercooler setup is good for 380Bhp and 450Nm, changes are required to the standard engine rods and pistons well before this though as you’re aware.

We do plan to offer a Cosworth bottom end at a later date and this will produce 330Bhp with the same supercharger and intercoolers as the 280 kit. There may also be a 380Bhp kit later.

The higher power kit will also require pulley changes to achieve the supercharger gearing and increase belt width  in order to drive the supercharger reliably.

But the plan is make it all bolt on, so 280 bhp kit owners can upgrade as required without buying  a new charger, intercooler, manifold etc

The current 280 kit boosts at about 0.55-0.6Bar with the charger running at about 15,500rpm, the charger is good for 24,000 rpm for occasional use and rated to run at 20,000rpm continuously, Cosworth have run these units up to 28,000rpm with no issues :)

Here's a graph of "in and out" temps

cid_image007_png01CFF90A_zps04966e84.png

Thanks Adrian, great post.

The only thing missing is, what's the pressure drop across the cooler?

(I know we don't have this for the other chargers or the turbos either, but it does tell you how much harder the charger has to work to get the same pressure)

Looks like it cools very well, but if it loses you too much boost then it's not so clever

Adrian that is exacty what I want to see! The post chargercooler temps being relatively constant expalins why torque doesnt drop off as much as the Sprintex at higher revs.

This is turing into a dream supercahrger kit for the Toyobaru :)

The big question is how consistent is the above graph after >20min track use?

To get their "validated" power upgrade ie: 260bhp on stock exhaust, 280bhp on Cosworth exhaust you will require both thermostat and air filter.

Not meaning to keep spamming this thread but Adrian, since the Supercharger kit includes licence and tune will you be selling the theromstat separatly? I can see the filter on your website but not the thermostat?

It looks like it opens and closes at the same temps as the Mishimoto thermostat...

Not meaning to keep spamming this thread but Adrian, since the Supercharger kit includes licence and tune will you be selling the theromstat separatly? I can see the filter on your website but not the thermostat?

It looks like it opens and closes at the same temps as the Mishimoto thermostat...

Yes sorry to Nigel about spamming your thread !!

yes the thermostat will be available seperately, just waiting for the price and part no before we can update our site :)

The Sprintex dyno graphs look great until it start sto get hot..... You don't see this on dynos but on track people have reported timing being pulled due to high IATs. Even someone with a 10:1 compression is seeing timing pulled during heavy track use.

The would suspect that the Cosworth kit will be better designed to handle whatever you throw at it. The Intercoolers certainly look a lot bigger than the single one under the sprintex SC.

Also worth noting that the Sprintex kit is maxed out with the 69mm pulley whereas the Cosworth  Stage 2.0 is only at 70%. If in future if you have a built engine the charger is capable of >350HP with a smaller pulley.

So running a 10.1 compression ratio will make a difference to IAT's.  Reason tio run lower compression is to allow a more aggressive ignition map to be used and we don't have to tune the back the power/torque at lower RPM's.

We run our cars on our in house dyno  4/5 runs over 20+ seconds so it is like running on the track, we have developed a very good tune that doesn't need the ignition timing pulled as IAT rise and the cars are super safe.

With regards SC size , I will have a 355 kit bolted on a car soon this is a bigger charger than the Cosworth looking at CFM figures I have manage to find. This will bgive some good data.

Yes the Cosworth charger looks good but until we get a kit bolted on a car and see the figures oursleves I will stay on the fence ( we do have a kit on order with a supplier may not arrive till next year thou I have been told)