Pitman

Plan for TSS 2015

Keith,

Our epic GT86T battles will come - just need to get the track time first  ;) .

The Starlet could be an option, however age wise, it is back into the issue with the Mk2 MR2 - decent ones are pretty much like rocking horse $hit.  i don't want a car that I potentially have to spend a fortune on getting rid of rust / bodged body repairs.  What upsets me is my one son had a perfect Glanza turbo (for what I want) with a lot of TRD bits on it, but virtually gave it away last year because it was just standing on the drive.

The perception may be that the Yaris is a boring car, but after speaking to Adrian about it, he is adamant that it can be made into a very nice fun TSS car which is what I want.  Obviously Adrian / Fensport will be heavily involved in the preparing (and specifying) of the car (including the fitting of the zimmer frame mounting brackets, complete with quick release, Keith) so I know I am in the best possible hands :D  

Hehe....

So, will you drive it to circuit or trailer it?

Will you be the first UK GT86 owner to fit a towbar? That is one mod that I would probably let you uniquely keep...

(Dave - I see your fellow countryman, Oscar Pistorius, is to star in a new film - Silence of the Limbs. How he shaves with only two blades is beyond me..  sorry, wrong thread...)

Spec K

Lol, this is coming from someone who had thoughts of using 2 tow hooks instead of a tow bar Keith :P. What happened to that idea anyways?

Awesome stuff Dave, I've had thoughts of this too. People have said to me that what happened to me was a freak accident and could of happened to anyone, especially since I was even going or trying to go that fast, so it has made me think how easy it is (not necessary likely but easy) is could happen again but at the same time, I don't really want to do it in anything else, it just won't be as fun I don't think, but I could be wrong. However it would ideally be a RWD car if I was to get a track car.

MR2 is they way to go Dave,then you will be up against me and Pete Mason,more competition B)

Or will you be going fully stripped(await the jokes)with roll cage and sticky tyres.

Having said that Gary my technician is entering a starlet in the sprint next year and will be in pro class. :)     

I too am thinking about getting another RX-8 for track use and possibly trailing it with the new car that replaces the GT86

Still not taking part in the TSS though as not interested in being timed !!!!

Driven two Starlets and they were good nimble cars so would be idea for TSS but for track use then RWD is still the best option

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

Keethos - I was looking to trailer all my tyres/spare/tools to a Sprint, not tow a twin axle car trailer with a legend on it.. and towing it...

(... cannot be done, alas. Toyota have not 'type approved' the GT86 for towing, so EU/UK legislation prevents it...)

I've seen piccies of Gary's Starlet in midst of its prep.... that will be real fun... wonder if I can blag a drive..

Spec K

(Dave - I see your fellow countryman, Oscar Pistorius, is to star in a new film - Silence of the Limbs. How he shaves with only two blades is beyond me..  sorry, wrong thread...)

Spec K

A lot of people thought he would walk after the finding of not guilty of murder, but obviously not  :wacko:

I'll get my coat

MR2 is they way to go Dave,then you will be up against me and Pete Mason,more competition B)

Or will you be going fully stripped(await the jokes)with roll cage and sticky tyres.

Having said that Gary my technician is entering a starlet in the sprint next year and will be in pro class. :)     

Rich, plans are still to be finalised as to which class exactly - I will email you ;)