Riceburner

TSS Round 5 Croft

I've decided to give it a miss due to the quiet track day on Saturday

It's a long, long, long way to come just for 1 day. I could justify it if I would make the track day but doesn't look likely with such low noise levels :(

Looks like just me and Stan on Saturday

Alec

I might pop over for a look on Saturday and probably Sunday too. Only 20 mins down the road.

(Although after visiting Anglesey Circuit over the weekend, I'd like to try a track day with the GT86 there . . .)

Where are you staying jamie?

Probably at home as I'm not far away when I'm at the mothers, but if theres a good group of people going I may stay, the premier inn at Darlington was only 51quid for the room is almost worth it for the fuel saving and extra lie in in the morning.

That Premier Inn is what was posted up on the TSS site so would expect a fair few to be there, and its about 15mins down the road from Croft

I'm touch and go for the Croft weekend. Oil leaking from my baffle plate. Discussing with the dealer on whether it's covered on the warranty - even though they tell me it's known issue. Also have heat cracks on my oem discs. Need some stoptechs fitted - not much time left now!

Haversack

Stan - really sorry to hear that.. have you got the std sump or the deep one? Is it merely a new gasket?

I presume it's the front rotors that have heat cracks - that's gotta be a warranty claim as well, I would have thought..

Spec K

I've booked it tonight 63 quid

Ahhh its 54 for the one which you can't amend anything on... will probably book that when I assess the money side :)

Stan - really sorry to hear that.. have you got the std sump or the deep one? Is it merely a new gasket?

I presume it's the front rotors that have heat cracks - that's gotta be a warranty claim as well, I would have thought..

Spec K

If the baffle plate is a known issue it should still be covered by warranty even if a different sump is fitted.

The rotors having heat cracks won't be as the car has been used on track and different pads have been used, takes the blame away from a manufacturing fault unfortunately.

J

If you use different pads I can understand them being iffy about warranty coverage, they can't guarantee there won't be issues with pads that they haven't tried.

I'm in the same boat as have now got EBC yellow stuff front and rear (but not the cracked rotors, yet :rolleyes: )

Alec

If you use different pads I can understand them being iffy about warranty coverage, they can't guarantee there won't be issues with pads that they haven't tried.

I'm in the same boat as have now got EBC yellow stuff front and rear (but not the cracked rotors, yet :rolleyes: )

Alec

Alec - we are talking 'cars'.

Not 'boats'.

There is a difference, y'know...

(Silly billy..    :)  )

Spec K

I'm not trying to get the brakes done on the warranty. They've taken a beating so it's a fair cop. Want to get the stoptechs on now. Problem is, Adrian has them waiting for me, but dealer has been prevaricating over the oil leak I have. Whether it's covered etc.

Thankfully Nigel Charman from Toyota (also runs the GT4 race car) has kindly stepped in to smooth things over so they will cover it. But I've lost a week over that so they've got next week to sort it. Adrian thinks it's the cam plate which is known issue (apparently) and an easy fix. He's even offered to fix himself but he's 120 miles away. Can't risk driving that far with an oil leak.

I'll just have to hope that the dealer pulls their finger from out of their asshole and gets it done in time. This means I'll be stuck with more OEM discs since there won't be time to get up to Fensport to get the the stoptechs fitted.

Unless.... if I had the stoptechs couriered to the dealer, would they fit them???