Kristov4

Crash magnet strikes again!

What is it with this car? It seems to attract crashes. Maybe I'm in stealth mode and they just can't see me? But you would have thought hi visibility orange would have the opposite effect!

3 miles from the safety of my parents home in Botley and I get rear ended by an 18 year old in a Citroen Saxo. So car goes back the garage and my plans for a grand tour of The UK are on hold.

Awaiting assessment on the damage but the fact the boot lid won't engage suggest more than a broken bumper and who knows what damage has been caused along the exhaust from the impact. Also totally gutted to realise that the impact pushed the front wheel into the curb gauging the alloy and the tyre! Only put them on two weeks ago!

Seriously frustrating!

post-288-0-40740000-1406476342_thumb.jpg

post-288-0-26618600-1406476368_thumb.jpg

post-288-0-99892800-1406476454_thumb.jpg

Totally his fault, I had been stopped for at least two seconds before I heard the squeal of his tyres. I had stopped comfortably two cars behind a car that was turning right.

The incident was before the junction obviously, I moved beyond the junction to try and keep it clear.

You don't have much luck do you? :(

Things like this always remind me of my Dad's car that had about 10 claims in just over 2 years on it (+1 instance of me smashing the windscreen) - some cars just attract incidents!

well you can see his reg ask MID you are only supposed to check your own car but who is going to know I did it when some one dumped a car outside my house and told the police when they were down my road they said nowt and 1 hour later it had gone as it was not insured

Dude.....real sorry to see this happen to you again.....not good.....like others have said, hope you get it fixed quickly and pain free.  You ok though right?  No neck injuries or anything?

Thanks Keith. I'm ok ish. Stiff neck and some head aches. I think it's aggravated a long standing back problem. But I'm still mobile.

Off to see a physio tomorrow to get the low down.

It looks like your diffuser is the only damage.. I hope it is only that. But that saxo is scrap.

The back bumper is all one piece, despite what it looks like.

Estimated date for return of car 14th Aug. all cleared with insurance. Hopefully no hold ups!

Still a little stiff and a few headaches. Physio booked for the 19th.

Already bored of the Merc! I want my car back!

Hoorar! Finally got my car back! And not a moment too soon.

Work done all looks good although some how they managed to delaminate the reg plate on the front. They knocked me up a new one on the spot so no complaints.

Replacement bumper is interesting. The new one has a little diffuser that stretches just between the pipes. I think I like it. Looks like the diffuser for the new model.

On a more frustrating note. Whilst inspecting the car I noticed that where they painted the rear quarter last time I can see letters beginning to show through the paint that say "Poor Paint" They told me they had problem with the paint but had sorted it. So Its a trip back to TCW group Milton Keynes I guess. :angry:

Hopefully they won't need to take it in for too long as I missed it really bad!