KevinA

Fitting Coilovers

Started the fit complete with new lower arms and toe rod arms for total adjustment, been off the spanners for a while so probably wreck my nail polish lol

Will post some pictures later

Kev

Job done, fitted complete with the lower control arms and adjustable toe rods. Will be on the alignment rig early next week, be good to hear any set up numbers from you guys.post-515-0-84548900-1406240544_thumb.jpg

Kev

post-515-0-24626000-1406240580_thumb.jpg

Good work. 

I went with 2 deg neg camber on the front and 1.75 degrees on the rear. Front toe parallel, rear 6&2. This is a baseline Fenspot setup really. 

I can't comment on damper stiffness as I have an active system, but the handling is excellent and there is no way a standard car can keep up. 

Smudge the lower control arms and adjustable toe rods are from Japspeed, arrived promptly and good quality. Lauren after conversations with the guys at Meister ( who it turns out I know ) I decided on 6 and 6 with the choice of swapping with no issues at all. The ride is very good, with the dampers on minimum setting it's pretty much stock and you dial it up from there. Very impressed so far but will give feedback as time goes on.

Kev

hi kev did you change all this with car on floor not on a ramp any think of note to watch out for?

All on the floor in a single garage, needed help a few times but the the OH popped in and lent over me to hold bolts now and then ( also distracting ) :rolleyes:

The worst bit by far is undoing the front drop links, go tight loose back and forward all the way to the end, this stops you getting into trouble. Very pleased with the Meister Coilovers for fit etc....

Well first test of feeling for the suspension today, I drove the 86 on some small b roads to where I keep my horse. The road is bumpy and twisty with some undulations etc.. the ride is not hard or crashy, best description would be firm but not bouncy. Alignment is being done early this week and the acid test will be in 7 days when we are driving to and touring Scotland, should be varying roads and conditions for both coilover and tyre reviews.