Jamie_GRMN

So I got a bit wound up...

Didn't really know where to post this...

So I'm one of the ones that turned from the dark side (I will happily call it that now), and I'm not meaning to cause a feud or anything it just really ground my gears (no offence to those suffering the gearbox issue :P)

But it really wound me up, maybe it's this guys posts, I think every topic he has started has annoyed me... But why start a topic called "things you don't like"

My response was as follows...

"Pointless threads in an owners club forum...

Far too much complaining goes on here... I.e "my gearbox is stiff" "it rattles too much" "the battery goes flat" "the sound system is s**t"

Man the f**k up, turn the stereo off and plan a B road route to drive the car like it was meant to, will solve all your problems.

I did the above, thought the car was a little too soft for my likings so went ahead with all my mods to make it harsher.

Now i have my perfect car"

I'm not meaning to insight a difference between the two clubs but who else agrees?

Don't tell me you want a 'Whinging about other forums' section in this forum, isn't that as bad as a potential 'Whinging about sports cars' section in the other forum?

Yes I'm winding you up. ;-)

As there are at least 2 forums about GT86s, we should learn to play nicely together. Different strokes and all that... (No that doesn't mean w***kers)

However I do agree that some people shouldn't have bought a lightweight back to basics sports car only to complain that it's lightweight and back to basics sports car, that's sort of the point really innit?

Happy Saturday everyone.

I do occasionally browse the other clubs site and did notice a thread asking if leaving a light on would drain the battery. To me I would of thought basic knowledge would probably answer that one see as it wouldn't light up without a battery. But anyway, that's not particularly on topic to what you are talking about but lets not have another discussion about the owners club. Getting tired and old for it, i'll just say that I will probably close this thread if if goes AWOL, just please keep it as a discussion of why are people who own 86's moaning about pointless stuff in general :)

Tbh I just think everyone expects everything to be perfect nowadays, I don'tt expect this but would be pissed if there were big differences between mine ans a other.

Jamie easiest thing to do is just let it go straight over your head.

Mark not martin

Oh and tell Paulca about single input steering, something taught on the CAT day, perhaps he should attend ;) his indicator shouldn't cancel, that's more his driving ability than the car imo.

Just putting a disclaimer here, i'm not saying i'm an amazing driver, i'm far from it. But i'm not blaming the car, apart from my gearbox, that is the car and is being fixed on monday!

Tbh I just think everyone expects everything to be perfect nowadays, I don'tt expect this but would be pissed if there were big differences between mine ans a other.
Jamie easiest thing to do is just let it go straight over your head.

Mark not martin

Martin,

Totally agree, everyone wants a car with no rattles these days, forgetting it's all mechanical, it will make noises at the end of the day. I don't mind noises, aslong as they aren't out of the ordinary 

I have no issue with the other forum.... simply because I don't bother with it.. it would lose 90% of its contributors if someone started a 'GT86 Pimp My Ride/Best Polish Advice' forum...

... err, not that I'm suggesting Pitman should... :D

Spec K

I think people expect different things from the car. Many will look at it's price and compare it with a similar costing VAG car and say the interior quality is crap and that it shouldn't have rattles and all that. 

Also people are into different things. I like a clean car but I can't be bothered with polishing it or worrying about stone chips. As long as it looks alright that'll do me. As for rattles and squeaks, mine has it's moments. For the most part I just turn the wikkid sounds up and really I don't care if the car rattles a bit. 

I've done over 40K in 16 months and the car does get driven hard on occasion. That's where it shines really, but on the other hand I find no problem in driving around deprived council estates in my day to day work, it's fine, everything works, no problem. 

Also the standard car is a starting point for individualisation and that's the point with this car just like it was 30 years ago with the AE86, you modify the car to your own taste and needs. 

I have no issue with the other forum.... simply because I don't bother with it.. it would lose 90% of its contributors if someone started a 'GT86 Pimp My Ride/Best Polish Advice' forum...

... err, not that I'm suggesting Pitman should... :D

Spec K

A shiney car is a faster car  :D

The other forum is a great source of information from simple owners to real enthusiasts, that source of information however also includes problems people are having however big or small, typically from simple owners who expect so much more from this type of car because they've come from VAGs and what not.  Where as on here, I'd say there are more active enthusiasts than simple owners (enthusiasts being people who get involved in mods, meets, shows, trackdays etc) who love the car for what it is and all it's best bits and not too fussed by the minor things.

Bar some of the people with real gear box issues, as this seems to vary between people, I'm lead to believe that some do actually have a really bad gear box and struggle to change gear but there are those who have minor issues and rave about it in the same way, all the other minor issues people rave about on the other forum aren't typically mentioned as much on here.

'..drag..' is a UK phenomenon... men dressing as women and performing in public... :ph34r:

<..snip..>

I spent nearly an hour putting together the technical response to the above..

.. then I realised - it's not important.

Rob275 has identified me as the 'clown'.. so no-one takes me seriously..

Will300 has identified me as the 'drunk'. So no-one takes me seriously - and he has probably fucked up my insurance premiums..

Thanks.

Spec k

Loving the banter in this thread :lol:

So I realised my hipocoracy in posting this over here this morning once I'd sobered up, ah well.

Posted a few more times on that thread tonight (drunk again), and also reviewed a PM I had sent to another member that messaged me requesting some technical advise re coilovers and the differences/capabilities between BC's and Tein Active Pros and noticing that my PM had been doctored so that the gt86.org.uk I had typed (I told him the best (only) advice was over here regarding the Teins, because it is) actually gets changed straight back to gt86ownerclub.co.uk... IN A F***ING PM, do they not understand the private part of that?

BTW I have tested the above too make sure it wasn't because I was drunk :lol:

So after the above I am taking Keiths advise and not bothering with that side at all.

Keith I'm not trying to take over your position as forum drunk/clown btw :lol:

I love the car and tolerate the rattles because apart from the gearbox they are my only issue. The gearbox in mine is naff but having MTEC springs fitted when supercharger goes on (did I tell you about that Mark ?). I have accepted after 18 months that it is what it is. It`s no VAG on the inside but for shear sideways lunacy and running costs I`ve come across nothing close to it apart from my tricked up and properly set up supercharged MX5.

I don`t do cleaning and my car is often filthy, the dog goes in the back and if it rattles I wind my self installed audio upgrade up ! it gets covered in bird sh*t at work and I sometimes scrape it off after a few days. It is a machine for getting from A to B - sideways. I love the look on the grockles (holidaymakers) faces as I slide it round the bend near Butlins in Bognor. Couldn`t do that in the SLK55 AMG !

Some of the posts elsewhere make me feel that the author(s) shouldn`t be allowed within 50 feet of a car. If they feel the need to ask such anal questions they shouldn`t be on the road !

Most forums have a swear/word filter and all it does is either removes the set word/phrase or changes it to something else. I've seen it used to good effect with swear words that makes it amusing and still understandable without being offending to anyone else who may be looking at the screen.

The gt96.org.uk filter dates back to when there was lots of hidden promoting going on before the ban-gate drama happened. It's just never been changed back. I did suggest that it could be removed a while back but it's not just up to me.

It's only a word filter, no one read your message.

Anyway, good to see no-one over reacted.

Having two forums for a small community like the GT86 / FRZ one is in the UK, can never be a good idea.  I just wish whoever, and I am not pointing any fingers at all, could just put their pride and egos to one side, and realise that at the end of the day, we all should be members of 'the' club for our passion about our cars, and what they mean to us.

I belong to both forums (even though I am banned on the owners club forum, I do still have special dispensation to still post there  :D) because I have made  some really good friends through the two forums, and all are not members of both.

I do get wound up when people come onto the forums winging about issues, rather than just getting them sorted.  That is just the way I am, though.  Also, the mentality, and total ignorance of some of the posters (mainly on GT86owners club) does make me wonder sometimes.