Jamie_GRMN

So I got a bit wound up...

Having two forums for a small community like the GT86 / FRZ one is in the UK, can never be a good idea.  I just wish whoever, and I am not pointing any fingers at all, could just put their pride and egos to one side, and realise that at the end of the day, we all should be members of 'the' club for our passion about our cars, and what they mean to us.

I belong to both forums (even though I am banned on the owners club forum, I do still have special dispensation to still post there  :D) because I have made  some really good friends through the two forums, and all are not members of both.

I do get wound up when people come onto the forums winging about issues, rather than just getting them sorted.  That is just the way I am, though.  Also, the mentality, and total ignorance of some of the posters (mainly on GT86owners club) does make me wonder sometimes.

Dave, Spot on!.

The gt96.org.uk filter dates back to when there was lots of hidden promoting going on before the ban-gate drama happened. It's just never been changed back. I did suggest that it could be removed a while back but it's not just up to me.

That's the thing that sums up the pettyness really. If for example you wanted to PM everyone here to tell them about the GT86OC then you could we're not worried by that. I suppose also the reason we set up this club was because we were unable to grow the OC and make it a club for the members in the way we felt it should be. But, all said and done, I'm well past worrying about any of that stuff anymore. We have a good growing social scene here now and I'm no longer worried about being able to post on there. 

In response to Dave, I think it almost becomes inevitable that there will be more than one club for a given marque as I guess people end up wanting different things as was arguably the case here of course. 

by Mark I meant Mark @ Abbey. MTEC springs are gathering dust. While they have it on the ramp doing 2nd cat delete they may as well fit them. Supercharger is Sprintex.

I have the MTEC springs, as well as a very carefully set up and adjusted TRD short shift lever, and my gear shift is fantastic.  Definately the way forward, in my (most humble) opinion  :rolleyes:

Dave what was it like before the springs?

I didn't have any of the issues with 1st and 2nd gear some have (apart from it being a bit stiff initially on very cold days.  What the MTEC springs do is give a far more direct engagement (they are just stiffer indent springs), which together with the TRD shift, and Millers oil, make the gearbox absolutely fantastic. 

Steve, I mentioned last year there was no hidden promotion going on. I still don't understand where this came from. You are right I pm'd around 5/6 people but I will point out those 5/6 people all expressed interest in a face to face conversation to me. That's not promoting, it's informing  :)

If this forum hadn't appeared then I'm sure someone would have knocked out another 86 forum.

Better the devil you know....

Anyway I am still toying with the idea of setting up brzfanboys.co.uk ;) so don't get comfy , lol