toyokid

Novice install

Since fitting the speakers, the sound has progressively got better, it was detailed in the fitting instructions which I took with a pinch of salt, so there is a running in period!

The car seems less noisy as well, probably because there is a focal point of music which raises above the background noise?

Couldn't believe how light and flimsy the standard speakers are, they wouldn't move much air!

Couldn't believe how light and flimsy the standard speakers are, they wouldn't move much air!

They are like tissue paper with little or no magnetic field on the driver...

I haven't. There is a software update, that came out ages ago, but it needs a Windows PC, so I keep meaning to ask Mark to do it for me. You have to download 'toolbox' or some such then you can download the data and load it on with a micro SD card. 

There are map updates I should think.  Those are separate and will cost money I would have thought. I can't find out till Mark downloads 'toolbox' as you can't work out what you need it, what it costs it seems without downloading it and they have no support for a Mac which is all I use. 

Mac only myself! I downloaded an update for mapping within 30 days of buying the Alpine and popped it onto a micro sd card, but haven't been able to command the head unit to action it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let us know how you get on, because as you can see I haven't got that far yet. 

Tbh I'm not masively bothered about updating the software. As for the map updates, well maybe I should, though it doesn't seem to be a big issue. I think more likely I'll just leave it and upgrade the head unit at some point. We'll see. 

Hi, are we talking the built in Touch & Go unit?

If so then I updated mine a couple of months ago via the Toolbox software - I wanted to update my maps as I was about to go on a drive through France, Spain and Portugal.

I updated the maps at a cost of £109 which updated the system software at the same time. I can't recall seeing an update just for the system as a standalone download.

Incidentally, I did all this on my Mac (Boot-camped with an install of Windows for those 'just in case' times!)

Hope this helps