ourphil

Newbie from Herts

Hi All, I was lucky enough to meet a few of you at the Toyota Track Day at Oulton Park on the 5th June 2014.

The track day experience was my first and a lot of fun and I am itching to get out again on another one.

I have become even more proud of my GT86 since the Track day afer learning how capable and great a vehicle it is on track.

I managed to find this pic of me and my white TRD in track on the Toyota review blog.

GT86-DAY-R-9_zps02142c23.jpg

Link to Blog

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/celebrating-the-toyota-gt86-on-track#.U5ghKCimXPY

I was also lucky enough to have a fellow partisipant (Aniel) record a drive by of my car as it seems to make an unusual air intake noise.

Its the 3rd White one to go by in this short clip

http://youtu.be/rkSBumY8680

I'm looking forward to attending more meets and joining in a bit more.

Hiya and welcome, Ourphil..!

Herts, hmm? Not far.... there's a few of us close by... there will prolly be a local meet in the near future.

If you fancy another trackday there's a crowd of us going to Blyton Park (North Lincs) on Saturday 19th July (it's the day before the third round of the Toyota Sprint Series). There's a 'thread' in our Events section, or you can get full details from the Javelin website - www.javelintrackdays.co.uk 

Spec K

Hi Phil, was good to meet you last Thursday. There's plenty going on so hope to catch up with you soon. Woodbridge for the TSS this Sunday then as Keith says Blyton Park for a Toyota trackday on the 19th July. Blyton is a good track which is actually more technical than it looks, but there's plenty of room, so an ideal place to come and have a play I think. :)

Welcome to the club Phil, glad you could join us and glad that your enjoying the car both on road and on track!  Tell us a lil about yourself, got any other plans for the car beside more trackdays?

Sorry for the late reply Keethos.

I'm a great lover of modifying cars and personalising them.

However...

I don't have plans to modify my gt86 yet as it's easy for me at present to insure it by saying its unmodified and standard.

I do read about everyone else's mods, and I'm sure one day I'll do it. :)