Adamb

Cosworth Part prices

Hey guys i was talking to one of the guys from cosworth about all the parts and stuff and we got talking about their pricing. 

He was saying to me that they think its fairly priced and they arent making massive profits of it, 

so i want to know what you guys think are realistic prices for the all the kits 

Stage 1 - £2400 - Air Filter, Tune and Cat back Exhaust with a lower Thermostat
Stage 1.2 - £3238 - Same as Above with Centre and Over Pipe.
Stage 1.3 - £4558 - Save as above with Manifolds.

Stage 2 - will the the S/C and new intake for it  (not sure what else)

From my thinking the stage 2 will only be charger and intake so shouldnt be that expensive  but never know haha

SO  copy this below with what you think are realistic prices so i can get back to them. 

Stage 1.1 - 

Stage 1.2 - 

Stage 1.3 - 

Stage 2

Stage 1.1 - £1400

Stage 1.2 - £2000-2200

Stage 1.3 - £2500-3000

Stage 2 - £3500-4000

This is my opinion on the prices looking around what else there is on the market,  im not saying by any means the stuff on the market is as good and well designed but on the n/a engine im sure there wont be that much difference !

Cheers guys for your help :) 

Considering a full milltek plus ecu remap from Litchfield is £1500 including fitting...and that is theoretically the same as Cosworth 1.2...

Dunno what Fensport or Abbey charge for similar but that would give them the "market price".

Considering a full milltek plus ecu remap from Litchfield is £1500 including fitting...and that is theoretically the same as Cosworth 1.2...

Dunno what Fensport or Abbey charge for similar but that would give them the "market price".

dont forget the filter and   thermostat ;) haha   Yh  that gives a good comparison, however with the cosworth ECUTEK pack, they give you a usb that holds every map you could need!  so when you buy the 1.1 you get maps for all the .2 and .3 and stage 2, but you cant select them till everything is fitted. (this effectively saves on remapping every time you upgrade)

Hi All,

I was at the launch event. I think IF Cosworth get approved by Manufacturers for aftermarket upgrades (which is the angle I believe they are aiming for with these performance packs) then the prices certainly become much more reasonable for piece of mind. Until then, yes it's a little more expensive.

Copied from my other post:

Don't forget that the tune also includes the ECUtek cable which is £250ish in it's own right.

FWIW, I think the 1.1 isn't far off, £2000-2200 is reasonable.

The 1.2 will likely be using a much higher quality cat than most aftermarket HFC pipes, Milltek/Cobra etc use decat pipes. These cost money and are required for some European approval. So maybe the extra £800 is justified. A decent manifold is going to be £800-1000 with that kind of heat coating.

I don't think its fair to comment on the stage 2 kit. I doubt they'll remove the stock airbox before stage 3 based on what I asked. But it will be more than £3-3.5k, the other systems on the market are.

So taking Steve's point...I forgot about cable and cat being in there

£1500 for a market baseline on exhaust and ecutek license

£250 for the ecutek cable

£800? For decent cat

£2550 total for a stage 1.2?

Matt was indicating stock airbox is fine for NA and actually some of the weird shape helps flow

The manifold looked very nice, and I expect would shave a lot of weight from the engine bay.

As I put in the other thread I agree with 86Alex re OEM approval - that could be worth a hell of a lot.

The price at the moment might seem a lil high but you're paying for a proven and tested combo of parts that are guaranteed to function perfectly together (i.e. paying for a reduced risk factor), you're more likely to get less variance like I got with the Resonated and None Resonated Cobra exhaust system.

It's pretty much the same as buying a pre-built PC from say Alienware or some other company that builds and overclocks PC's over someone buying their own bits and overclocking them themselves.  You pay for the convenience of someone else putting a kit together and testing it to say that it works 100% rather than having to read through millions of reviews for so many different parts and then putting together the bits that you want which might just be something that someone else hasn't done before, which means you're the first to have that combo and won't know how reliable or what performance gain you've achieved.  And like mentioned, if this was to be approved by the OEM's then again, you're paying for that reduced risk factor.

But at the same time, you are paying for the name, not only the Cosworth brand by the Nameless brand who make the exhaust system and whoever else was involved.

The problem for these systems is that there are quite a number of us who have already started our modding process and have already covered most of these items so they won't be suitable for us, you pretty much have to buy their stuff and their stuff only (well for the time being anyways until they finally break the kits up which they might or might not do yet).  That and I'm not a big fan of the noise their exhaust system made.  And lastly the idea of flashing an off the shelf map rather than having a custom map that has been mapped to your car specifically, we all know each car from the factory varies slightly which a custom map can cater for, a pre-made off the shelf map just won't be as good.

would shave a lot of weight from the engine bay.

As I put in the other thread I agree with 86Alex re OEM approval - that could be worth a hell of a lot.

Sure, but they don't have it yet. 

I also heard someone say that they are going to use a Roots type blower. If this really true? I just find it hard to believe. Eaton do make twinscrew superchargers which seem far more likely. 

A Roots type blower will deliver loads of low end and mid range torque but they tend to run out of puff at the top end of the rev range. 

They didn't say in the presentation whether it was a Roots or twin screw, they just said major manufacturer as used by Jag and Merc and Pitman said Eaton which they then admitted to

Alec

I'm not going to comment on the prices in detail. I do think they aren't competitive enough. I think they've targeted the wrong market, unless they done so already perhaps they should be contacting Toyota to introduce at point of sale with warranty in tact. This is the only way I can see them selling them in volume.

Majority of people have got a system as they won't sell bits separately that rules out probably 60-70% of current owners who would of potentially been interested in the product. Sure they will sell some, and i'm not debating the quality of the kit. But they are cosworth, they aren't stupid so there must be some logic.

But when I can get a supercharger fitted for the price of a 1.3 I know where I would spend my money. Nobody makes much markup on parts, the labour is where it's at. Are they willing to get their hands dirty? ;)

Saying that my Hks centre pipe back was £1100-1200. Then add a front pipe 250 and a over pipe 200. £1650 exhaust alone. Then add a Blitz filter £40 map with dyno 500 odd. Going on this Stage1.1 1.2 not to dear. The rest is.

Its certain its a twin screw the engineer bloke told me. Capable of 380bhp with a map they can give you. But its a good luck map if your engine blows. So no warranty from them. But they will do it is you ask : ) its all down to the price fitted really. Got a feeling it will be 1 1.5k dearer than a sprintex, lil birdie told me. Shhhhhh

HKS has always been sold as a premium though, you pay for the name, so no difference here I guess. 

380bhp on a stock engine is risky though I can understand nobody wanting to warranty that. But given that 300bhp feels like more than enough, I'm not getting the appeal of 380bhp. 

I too have already gone down the route of changing exhausts and all that. My car came delivered with the Milltek and Injen and of course I've added all the other bits now. So I can't buy any Cosworth kits anyway as it makes no sense. 

380bhp on a stock engine is risky though I can understand nobody wanting to warranty that. But given that 300bhp feels like more than enough, I'm not getting the appeal of 380bhp. 

I too have already gone down the route of changing exhausts and all that. My car came delivered with the Milltek and Injen and of course I've added all the other bits now. So I can't buy any Cosworth kits anyway as it makes no sense.

The 330/380 is the stage 3 with internal work.

You could buy the stage 1.3 upgrade pack to get the manifold should you wish.

I don't see any reason you couldn't buy the stage 2 from them? So basically the charger and the intake. You would have to get it mapped tho. Could buy the filter ad the thermostat from elsewhere

I don't see any reason you couldn't buy the stage 2 from them? So basically the charger and the intake. You would have to get it mapped tho. Could buy the filter ad the thermostat from elsewhere

So, I take it that the SC stage does not actually exist at the moment? Vapourware?

Personally I am struggling to see why Cosworth would enter this market either with someone else' product relabelled, or a bespoke offering. I just don't get the economics, especially for an aftermarket parts approach.

As for a forced induction, built motor, I'd say the Cosworth Impreza pricing might give an idea of the likely cost of this, and that packaging it up as a warranted manufacturer limited run model, would be the preferred approach. Subaru has a track record of delivering modified cars through it's model line up so it 'fits.'

But they struggled to shift the CS Impreza ( price, halfords trim and monumental lag, being but 3 issues ;) ) so they would need to pitch any BRZ variant just right. I am happy to advise, lol.

Could they sell 50 GT3 slaying BRZs; not sure.