tegunulgener

Tegun's...

Hahahaha.... You Keith!

So Lauren, I should lower it as well?

BTW garage told me that I need brake pads soon. Any suggestions? I prefer non-noisy ones if there is any. Other than that I have to admit, Goodyear F1s are not as good as stock Michelin's. On the high speed run I can feel the car is going everywhere. And it is dry also. Or do I need to change something with geometry after 18" upgrade?

Lower? No - not if you intend to use as street. I won't go into it but 'lowering' on the standard suspension geometry is now under review. Better to expand - look at what Toyokid has done.

Brake pads are up to you. There are as many recommended types on this Forum as there are men's deodorant.

Try tyre pressures. If you are running F1 Eagles at 35psi you will skate in any conditions  - they will go to 37/39psi warm. Might as well drive on solid rubber.. set at 30 cold for road use.. see if you feel a difference.. then try 28psi cold (my preferred).

Teg - you were *TOLD* (on this and the dark side Forum) that 18" rims were debatable. You are not a 'track bunny' looking to put bigger brakes in the void. So why go this route? Give it 12 months and there will be a shedload of 18" rims/tyres for the GT86 dumped on Ebay.. they do not work, in my opinion.

Perverse.

Spec K

I think if you're after looks, which teg is, theres no reason why you shouldn't consider a set of springs. They are a cheap way of bettering the looks of a car ten-fold.

You shouldn't be skating everywhere on the eagles, as Keith said, check your pressures. And I think 18's are viable, Keith you are looking at it from a track perspective. You have to appreciate teg has no intention of tracking his car. James is on 18's and his car sticks to the road like sh*t to a blanket.

I also said the look is more important to me. thats why i've gone for 18". I am actually happy with the look but over 110mph it shakes. maybe the tyre pressure. but what is the correct I think i will sort that out. oh btw tyres are 2 days old maybe that was the problem as well...

It is worthwhile giving a thought to how much compliance you lose by adding stiffer tyres and stiffer springs, as is the case typically when you lower or add bigger wheels.

right... front is much better than stock on bends and roundabouts... i mean much better.

back of the car is not sticking as much as stock. or i feel it that way. because i feel like car is jumping rather than a smooth slide.

Definitely road car not track...at least for now... (couple of years I guess)

So dear sirs/madams;

what should be the pressure? 32?

Im on standard 35 psi on my perverse 18's lol but i am running yoko v105s's sobeither way im going to stick to the road upside down. I might try lowering my psi.. See what happens! What will happen Keith and rob? I've only lowered my psi for a track day not fast road or everyday driving!

Ermm first time I'm going to say a big no no on here! To the yellow wrap.. Sorry mate. I'm a out there dude to car styling but this made me hurt bro!

Matte, frozen etc all good. But yellow ermmm.. Yellow is reserved for Porsches and super cars in my eyes. I see your going for the bumble bee look yellow on black wheels. But it cones out wrong on a 86. Hachi roku is not happy, driver is.

Defo springs too. Breaking is much better lowered as are fast corners...

Arh it's all personal taste mate and like I've said before, I would have loved a yellow GT86 and I love your choice of alloys!  But I agree with the others, for looks your car would look better lowered but not completely necessary, the 18's do seem to fill the arches a lil more than 17's but more to the point if you've got mega big speed bumps to tackle.

blog.caranddriver.com/screaming-yellow-zonker-scion-fr-s-release-series-1-0-unveiled-2014-new-york-auto-show/

That was way after me btw...

tbh, I am not trying to be a bumble bee nor I want to have a super car look (which I cannot deny it looks like super car) but I like yellow unlike many people. I am very happy with it. Also I don't like matt colour on cars thats why I've gone for satin rather than full matt. The colour scheme been designed by me in January-February 2013. So many people just stopping me or asking me questions. Tbh, it was the colour of my rc corvette when I was 7yo. Since then I wanted that colour on a car. This car definitely can carry the colour. Not my humble opinion only but majority loves it so that is a big grin :)

Again, thank you people for sharing your thoughts. And yes, it will be lowered about August time... (I think about an inch)

James - Lauren is running same Yokos as you (I think)... probably worth asking her what pressures suit.

Mind you, she likes drifting it, so is likely to be running a tad higher than I would prefer.

Primacys run at 35psi hot... I would start any alternative tyre at 30 cold (32-34 hot) and work down. As I've said, I prefer 28psi cold/32psi hot but I don't drift..

Spec K

Out of curiosity Lauren why did you not go for the 225/40/17s? Did you not want a lower profile for your Yokohama v105s?

I'm using 225/40/18s for my v105s

Keith as for Evo it has 1st for f1 in the dry. V105s 2nd. But for wet grip v105 1st and f1s where further down. So I'd say the yoko's beat all overall!

Out of curiosity Lauren why did you not go for the 225/40/17s? Did you not want a lower profile for your Yokohama v105s?

I'm using 225/40/18s for my v105s

They don't make them in that size. 

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise it was such an old post, doh! 

It's going to be at JAE right? I've got as friend who's very keen on seeing it. It does look good that black/yellow combo. I admit it's not my thing, but that doesn't mean it's not cool of course! :)