rob275

TSS Round 2 - 15th June 2014 - RAF Woodbridge

Was an awesome day, despite my technical issues I still enjoyed it and the fierce competition had between the F2 class was brilliant. I knew when Masaya had put in a good time, he got out his car with the biggest grin on his face :)

the circuit laid out was fantastic.

Great day as Rob said, the 3 of us in F2 class certainly were enjoying the competition. The grin was probably mostly from the realisation that in a stretch of 2 miles I almost lost the car 3 times on each run but somehow came out of the otherside!

Mark has some great video of a bit of everything to be fair. Some great footage of people sliding out of the right hander past the Paddock. Maz and Ketih were notable here for their commitment! :)

Mark has just go to do a whole load of editing now. 

Really good fun...

Rob did supremely well without second gear downshift and I'm pretty certain that, with it, he'd have been climbing all over Maz in the afternoon..

0.8 secs covered the three of us... Maz was credited with my time and I was given the Yaris time in error, but hey! mistakes happen and I don't mind...  :rolleyes:

Err... would someone please pour a gallon of used sump oil over Glynn's head.... B)

He spun, motored round slowly and frazzled my best run when I caught him on the penultimate corner... I got a re-run but there's only so many shots in this old man's arsenal...

Jay gets the Sportsman of the Meet Award, despite being a bystander... his pride and joy stripped of a loaned driveshaft when Adrian's gave up on the first run..

... bragging rights, Jay - you've got the fastest roadgoing driveshaft in the UK !! 

Spec K

Despite only being a spectator I really enjoyed it as a day out.

By the end of the day I was itching to have a go myself.

My lads had a great time collecting spent ordnance from the surrounding land.

They took it all home with them to show their Gramps who is ex-military.

He reckons that most of what they found were blanks from some sort of machine gun that had probably been fired during some kind of exercise.

Back to the racing

Jay must've been angling for a mega Fensport discount to agree to have his drive shaft whipped out to save Fensport's day. I hope they see you right for that one, Jay.

The competition was close in the FI battle with Maz, Rob and keith vying for honours.

Quite exciting even for a spectator.

The atmosphere was great, exactly how club racing should be - it felt quite subversive and underground to me - I think the surroundings helped there.

I am toying with the idea of having a go myself but as my Dad pointed out later in the evening, I tend to have a habit of screwing things up when I can least afford to and he warned of the perils of hurling a car into the scenery......but I think if Woodbrige comes on the calendar again i could be tempted.

I think the sprint format is better than a normal trackday because despite not getting as much track time, the competitive nature lends a purpose.

Despite only being a spectator I really enjoyed it as a day out.

By the end of the day I was itching to have a go myself.

My lads had a great time collecting spent ordnance from the surrounding land.

They took it all home with them to show their Gramps who is ex-military.

He reckons that most of what they found were blanks from some sort of machine gun that had probably been fired during some kind of exercise.

Back to the racing

Jay must've been angling for a mega Fensport discount to agree to have his drive shaft whipped out to save Fensport's day. I hope they see you right for that one, Jay.

The competition was close in the FI battle with Maz, Rob and keith vying for honours.

Quite exciting even for a spectator.

The atmosphere was great, exactly how club racing should be - it felt quite subversive and underground to me - I think the surroundings helped there.

I am toying with the idea of having a go myself but as my Dad pointed out later in the evening, I tend to have a habit of screwing things up when I can least afford to and he warned of the perils of hurling a car into the scenery......but I think if Woodbrige comes on the calendar again i could be tempted.

I think the sprint format is better than a normal trackday because despite not getting as much track time, the competitive nature lends a purpose.

and to top it all Rob has offered to babysit your 2 lads

they are suspecting what it was last time, there's a plate that sits on the gate and it can be adjusted. This, when in the wrong location can cause this. I've asked them for the gear stick lever part also as Rich said it can help. They didn't seem to have an issue with getting it to try.

Looking forward to it, everytime I saw him he was either with a camera or cutting up magnets :D (thanks for cutting mine for me, one downside of being left handed, on the plus-side, i'm obviously a superb driver :) this was decided at Millbrook when 4 of us there were left handed)

It was great, it's been my 2nd sprint with the Sprintex and it performs very well. The only downside to it honestly is my driving ability. Any track work honestly is fairly new to me, but given this is my first RWD car and the first car i've ever done any track work with i'd say i'm not doing too bad. Still have an awful lot to learn.

But it's smooth and easily controllable for even me which is what I like about it, air temps a little hot at times, but nothing too bad, oil was fine etc. You should try and get to one or two of the sprints. Would be nice to see how the sprintex can perform with some capable hands.

This run is not a good one. But it was the last run before lunch and I was experimenting. It's a bit lively and I outbrake myself on occasion. 

Notable mostly for a big slide out of the last corner costing me tons of time! 

Cheers. The layout was just epic. Watching back the clips a day later I can see where I could save more time. It was a lot to learn and the grip levels varied a fair amount which made it interesting at times! :)