rob275

TSS Round 2 - 15th June 2014 - RAF Woodbridge

Very impressive, Lauren  :D

I would need a navigator to guide me around the circuit  :rolleyes:

Agreed Dave, I would have had to program it into the TomTom :P

Awesome stuff guys, I hoping your typing a nice detailed write-up Lauren, always enjoy reading your stories of what when down, who battled who and how your car is now performing with the new tyres!  Really wished I could have been there, would have loved to see these battles up front.....or even battling it myself :D

Anyone car to post up the times?

Adrian!.......would I be N1 Pro if I was to strip the exterior of the vehicle?   :P

And I agree with Dave, watching your vids Lauren doesn't seem to give me an idea of the layout of the track at all, it's looks awfully confusing and something that Captain Slow would mess-up like he does on the Top Gear Test Track :D

Thanks all for another great day, and absolutely loved the layout

Keith - Mea culpa.   I can only apologise for getting in the way of your run - When I span I put it backwards/sideways into the foliage and as I pulled away there was a fairly horrid grinding so I did think I had bits hanging off.  I was pretty sure you'd have been yellow flagged already when I span, so a careful cruise offline round the last 2 corners to get back seemed reasonable.  Anyway, will try not to spin (in front of you or not) next time  :)

And for anyone wondering, no, no damage when I got back and examined it; I think the grinding was just some of the scenery I took with me.... consider myself quite lucky for that one.

Excellent videos, watching Lauren's laps, I've worked out so many points I was losing time, my lines were far too messy. Hey ho, you learn, eventually.

Great to see everyone, looking forward to the next Sprint event in July and the 5th July at Snetterton.

Oooer, missus.... got a bit too sideways on the penultimate corner... but my car is such as joy, so predictable on these new Tein settings... must learn to go in slower and exit faster.. ho hum...

Glynn - no worries... there were no yellows out, either stationary or waved, that I saw before I caught you.. I was in two minds whether to overtake you but I was concerned that, if there had been a waved yellow, it would have been an absolute no-no... stewards enquiry...

Great vids, Mark!  Lauren, dunno what speed you were clocking at the end of the first straight - I saw 118mph once... then closed my eyes 'cos I was frightened... 

This is not really comparable with other venues - it was 2.2miles long! Off the line was a left, then right... second time around was a left then left onto another parallel runway to finish..  I stopped to share a fag with a marshall halfway round...

:huh:

Spec K

Great vids, Mark!  Lauren, dunno what speed you were clocking at the end of the first straight - I saw 118mph once... then closed my eyes 'cos I was frightened... 

Spec K

Keith I didn't look exactly but it was in the mid 170Km/h's. So probably about 105 on the speedo so more like 99mph or so is my best guess. 

Sorry Keith but I won't be doing a write up as I don't think it would be appropriate. I have now decided I won't be pursuing the championship as there is no point, so I won't be doing all the rounds anymore as I had originally planned. 

Awesome stuff guys, I hoping your typing a nice detailed write-up Lauren, always enjoy reading your stories of what when down, who battled who and how your car is now performing with the new tyres!  

It's a great shame that the level playing field has been moved once again. 

I was interested to see two cars go he'd to head and it be down to driver. 

Maybe someone was scared of being beaten so had to move the goal posts again....  ;)

Back to the primacies for more fun?  :D

I am obviously missing something  :unsure:

Would someone be so kind as to elaborate?

I had an agreement with Stan that we would run the same tyres so that we could have some direct competition with each other. We tried to persuade Paul (Thomas) to go for the same tyres too but he went for 888's. So I spent £500 on tyres that I didn't really need and went for it. 

I get to the sprint thinking it's fairly even (Stan has a remap advantage but that's it), go out and find that he's 2.5 secs quicker than me. At lunchtime someone else informs me that Stan has installed a shorter final drive. I speak to Stan he confirms he has at that point done this and that the car is so much more fun to drive and that I should do it too.

So, really I cannot compete with Stan as I refuse to change my final drive  as my car is a daily driver doing a lot of mileage.

Also Paul has a similar problem with me (though I haven't hid anything) in that even with super soft 888's he can't compete in a standard car with my car.

So there you have it. I can't compete with Stan's mods and Paul can't compete with mine none of us have anyone to race with is really the upshot. :(

It's a real shame, but I'm not going to engage in a modifications arms race with Stan. He's getting a carbon prop next. Paul can't modify his car as it's a lease car.

I will do some rounds but I certainly won't be doing them all which was my original intention.

A sad situation, thankyou for the detailed explanation, Lauren.

A real pity, as I really enjoy watching your driving / videos (even if they do make me feel very inadequate :( ) 

A sad situation, thankyou for the detailed explanation, Lauren.

A real pity, as I really enjoy watching your driving / videos (even if they do make me feel very inadequate :( ) 

What Dave said, real shame, but surely that's the challenge no?  We all love an underdog story  ;)

Where's the challenge though in coming second every time? 

I'm a bit skint this month after buying those tyres on top of my service and all that. It's a real shame because I really enjoy it, but the competitive element is really important to me.