toyokid

Handling upgrades

Have you got the whiteline insert or an even firmer one? I have the whiteline in mine and it's brilliant, does increase NVH though so would expect a firmer one to increase it more...

Of course you can turn up to a TSS Stephen, the next one is Croft on the 14th of September, you don't have to pay for the full series, just pay for the event once entries open

Steve - yes, you can pay and turn up at a TSS round.

All the details are on the TSS website. It's £129 (I think) plus you will need an IOPD 'license' - I think that's a fiver. You will need to buy your 'competition plates' for either side of the car with your number (a tenner, I believe..) and wear the series 'sponsor' decals - RRG, Fensport, Blitz, Superpro, Toyota, all of which are available free from Javelin either beforehand or on the day.

You need to 'yellow tape' a battery lead before scrutineering (I've got tape in my toolbox, don't buy any) and it is wise to attach your towing eye (in your Toyo toolkit) to the front socket.

Spec K

Steve - yes, you can pay and turn up at a TSS round.

All the details are on the TSS website. It's £129 (I think) plus you will need an IOPD 'license' - I think that's a fiver. You will need to buy your 'competition plates' for either side of the car with your number (a tenner, I believe..) and wear the series 'sponsor' decals - RRG, Fensport, Blitz, Superpro, Toyota, all of which are available free from Javelin either beforehand or on the day.

You need to 'yellow tape' a battery lead before scrutineering (I've got tape in my toolbox, don't buy any) and it is wise to attach your towing eye (in your Toyo toolkit) to the front socket.

Spec K

Thanks for that Keith.

I bought this gear lever insert

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121404409707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

because I find with quick shifting it is easy to crunch the gears.

I also have some Rays rims on the Carlos Sainz,

8.5" x 17" ET39

fitted with 235 x 40 595 RSR tyres that could be useful?

Stephen

My thinking has progressed somewhat!

Looking at these:-

http://www.hancheyvehicletech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HVT&Product_Code=810TM-FT86

http://www.hancheyvehicletech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HVT&Product_Code=815TM-GT86

which on the face of it will allow me to run longer shocker lengths for travel

and still run reasonably low ride heights.

These would be allied to a Bilstein B16 coilover, running soft on the road, allied to progressive springs and whack the settings up to full hard for the track.

I remember seeing Johnny Milner using built up strut turrets on his ST205, using long shockers and having a low ride height.

Any thoughts?

Stephen

post-284-0-29723000-1408389322_thumb.jpg

It's worth noting that there are a number of coilover options out there that mean you lose no damper travel at all. BC's not being one of them though. 

I don't think you can mess with damper travel unless you can buy dampers that have more travel than standard? So I'm not sure how any of these ideas will be any use really. 

It's worth noting that there are a number of coilover options out there that mean you lose no damper travel at all. BC's not being one of them though. 

I don't think you can mess with damper travel unless you can buy dampers that have more travel than standard? So I'm not sure how any of these ideas will be any use really. 

Hi Lauren

Which coilover options don't lose damper travel?

Stephen

The BC's Stephen had that are now on mine have seperate height adjustment to damper travel...

So they do. 

Stephen seems to want longer travel dampers. The GT86 has short stroke dampers, so there is no way in getting more travel really. Unless he spent £4K and upwards for some serious kit that will require rebuilding on occasion, like Ohlins, AST etc. Those dampers won't necessarily have any more travel but are much higher quality.