Pitman

Keethos's Car

I think you'll have to go on the other list    :ph34r:  only joking of course  :D I know your thoughts are with me Nigel.....you and all your pokes on facebook :lol:   

Great thread this! Shows the real support and community we have over here! 

I'd be up for donating some bits to help! Maybe we should set up a dedicated funding page / paypal people can just put 'tip bits' into?

This has definitely made my mind up that this club is the best! 

I can set up a Keethos car donation box on the right hand side that goes in to the clubs account I guess. Downside is paypal take their small cut.

I donated directly to Keith's own paypal account

I'm a little surprised by this, but I guess he still holds something against everything that happened.

The "other" forum does have some interesting topics (up coming Cosworth open day!) but loving the community spirit on this forum.

Thanks again for all your support peeps!

I'm a little surprised by this, but I guess he still holds something against everything that happened.

The "other" forum does have some interesting topics (up coming Cosworth open day!) but loving the community spirit on this forum.

We also have this interesting topic - http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1610-cosworth-invites-you-to-the-2014-fa20-launch-event-300514/  ;)   :P

Keethos hasn't asked for a thing in relation to either my original thread on the other side or this one. Much respect. 

I was the one who started the thread on the other forum and am furious it was shut down. Surely the point of a forum is for the members to discuss and contribute matters. Not be dictated to as to what we can or cannot discuss. 

Anyway their loss is this forums gain. 

As someone who isn't involved so much with both forums and used to moderate a few myself, I thought this was handled quite well given the circumstances and if anything I'm more surprised with the attitude and response from this "community".

I don't know the full ins and outs as to why individuals are banned, but to go back to the forum to ask for fundraising for a banned member is a bit like one company asking for donations from a competitor's employees to help one of its own, yes some people would be willing to help out but it's not in management's interest to promote another group. I'm not trying to say one forum is better than the other etc, but the way Stu has handled the thread from an outsider's point of view looks a lot more mature than the reaction given on this forum.

I'm sure the thread would have stayed open if it wasn't for a banned member, even if they didn't post much, but all this negativity/witch-hunt doesn't really paint a welcoming picture about this place if someone might have a different view to the way things are run/discussed, which is what has caused this split in the first place.

As someone who isn't involved so much with both forums and used to moderate a few myself, I thought this was handled quite well given the circumstances and if anything I'm more surprised with the attitude and response from this "community".

I don't know the full ins and outs as to why individuals are banned, but to go back to the forum to ask for fundraising for a banned member is a bit like one company asking for donations from a competitor's employees to help one of its own, yes some people would be willing to help out but it's not in management's interest to promote another group. I'm not trying to say one forum is better than the other etc, but the way Stu has handled the thread from an outsider's point of view looks a lot more mature than the reaction given on this forum.

I'm sure the thread would have stayed open if it wasn't for a banned member, even if they didn't post much, but all this negativity/witch-hunt doesn't really paint a welcoming picture about this place if someone might have a different view to the way things are run/discussed, which is what has caused this split in the first place.

With all due respect you have no idea why he was banned, Steve posted up for the GT86 community to pull together and for him to say the majority don't know Keith is utter shit. The attitude and response of this community (on this thread) is coming from people who are on both clubs and are shocked by Stu's Moderating. It's not like asking a company for handouts at all,Steve asked the community, they can say yes, they can say no. Stu needn't of said no for them.

I'd like to point out that the clubs settled their differences many months ago and tho of the moderators from the Owners club are active posters on this forum. Stu just has a sore arse unfortunately and there isn't a lot that can be done about that.

That said, you are entitled to your opinion and lets get back on topic.

Back on track....

I vote track and I'll be praying for rain, and that you have wild and untamed boost [lol]

I need a dry, straight road and some clean underwear.

Even then it'll go something along the lines of...loud pedal down flat, wait (starts to boost), wait (bit more boost), wait (lots of boost)... waaaaaaaahhhh, Ppppppssssshhhhht....by which point I'll have covered 5m in half a heartbeat and be facing the wrong way. 

I'll have covered 5m in half a heartbeat and be facing the wrong way.

Did you see that vid going around yesterday of the 1300bhp Porsche losing it at 170mph?

Yeah looks pretty tame but if it had been me behind the wheel I certainly would've needed a change of underwear, wouldn't you?

Can't really see if there was a trigger it just appeared to let go and spin, much like the BMW I think it was Clarkson was driving albeit with a shed load less BHP.

He was right to stay of the grass but there was a nice area to play with still a surprise though I suspect. :)

I too would be sh*ting it as I'd be worried about the grass too, especially at that speed, doesn't look like much but I wouldn't like to be in that situation, hell, even from what looks like a minor spin out, the damage was quite surprising!

No joke. Come on none of us has been in a 1000-1500-bhp car and that light. It would eat a veyron all day everyday! And I think 179mph sideways is classed a tad more than a high speed spin out.. That's a conversation with the big MAN upstairs kind of stuff!

I've been in a 800bhp starlet at Pomona race way in California I'm 2004. Trust me it was a sereal experience doing a high 8 seconds quarter mile as a passenger. Yes I was close to chucking up.

Thoses cars in that video are no joke! Track cars won't even hold a candle to the forces those straight line monsters put on your internal organs in such a short period of time.

I too would be sh*ting it as I'd be worried about the grass too, especially at that speed, doesn't look like much but I wouldn't like to be in that situation, hell, even from what looks like a minor spin out, the damage was quite surprising!

When I was last a Bedford a 911 lost it near the pit lane corner and went on the grass at which point it looked like it sped up rather than slowed until it hit the gravel trap, got beached and had to be dragged out, stark reminder that grass doesn't slow you down much!!