mattpierce

Countdown is on!

Why? If they do not check the car over before a part-ex then that is their fault.

Thing is it is a friend of a friend thing. He did me a favour on the price so don't want to stitch him. Pretty sure it'll end up going to auction though!

Sorry to hear this dude!  But like Rob said, if they don't notice, then that's that, my dealer assessed part-ex and he didn't spot one or two little things, and not heard anything about it since.  How bad is the scratch?

Sorry to hear this dude!  But like Rob said, if they don't notice, then that's that, my dealer assessed part-ex and he didn't spot one or two little things, and not heard anything about it since.  How bad is the scratch?

Pretty bad really. Someone definitely wanted to stick the key in...

Going to try to make it less noticable and see if it gets skimmed over when they check it

Good news!

The delivery date has been brought forward and I get to collect on Friday.

Can't wait!

Means I don't have to wait till after my holiday.

Still have to go on holiday though.

Have you got the insurance sorted out ready for the earlier date?

When I got mine Toyota insurance gave you a few days complimentary which allowed it to be taxed and picked up.

I ended up using them for the first year as well, as back in August 2012 I kept getting "Its not on our system", not suprisingly Toyota did know what it was  :lol:

Alec

Have you got the insurance sorted out ready for the earlier date?

When I got mine Toyota insurance gave you a few days complimentary which allowed it to be taxed and picked up.

I ended up using them for the first year as well, as back in August 2012 I kept getting "Its not on our system", not suprisingly Toyota did know what it was :lol:

Alec

3 days sorted, they did quote me but it is pretty expensive compared to my current company quote. That said I've not changed it yet so I'm sure they might try a fast one when I do!

Guest zen

Great news on early release! I am only 650 miles in, but loving this car. Here's to dry roads for you this weekend!

My Toyota quote was pretty competitive. But I stuck with my current insurer, as found by A-Plan (mainly due to excellent service from them).

I can't remember what mine was... I think it was a ludicrous amount, you know the amounts insurers give you when they just really don't want to insure you because you're deemed a wreckless driver. Me? Never  :P

Great news on early release! I am only 650 miles in, but loving this car. Here's to dry roads for you this weekend!

My Toyota quote was pretty competitive. But I stuck with my current insurer, as found by A-Plan (mainly due to excellent service from them).

Fingers crossed Zen, thank you.

Nearly double in fact. Makes me think I forgot to tell them something!!!

So, after what felt like the longest drive down to the dealership (traffic was a nightmare) I have now collected and could not be enjoying more my 86.

post-414-0-82916900-1400913756_thumb.jpg

Had a smile on my face all the way back (100 ish miles) suddenly the traffic did not seem to bother me at all... strange that!

Just over one tenth of the way through the run in period, strangely the dealer told me that it would not need to be religiously stuck too as Toyota run the engine in prior to shipping. That said I am going to run it in properly because, well, I'm not sure I believe that and also that I want to.

Couple of things that I have noticed, pretty sure that they are common but will ask the questions anyway:

Smell, no issues whilst on the move but when I pulled up in traffic I could smell a burning smell. I am pretty sure it is the goo that I have read about on here. The dealer also highlighted that it is a specific requirement on the warranty that it remain in place?

Strange noise, towards the end of my journey I could hear a slightly higher pitch noise, different to that of the engine note, but tracking on the same pitch (if that makes sense). Coming from what appeared to be behind the head unit when I was in second gear and my foot was off the accelerator and the engine was slowing the car down (again, if that kind of makes sense)

Tiny things, but am making notes.

Certainly not going to stop the fun, just a shame about the weather today...

If the weathers bad go and find some empty roundabouts and try increasingly dabbing the loud pedal

Personally I recommend starting to play with the stability control on, I still don't drive on the road with it all off (thats after 21 months of driving it), as every time I have been on a track and turned it all off I've spun, admittedly this was while deliberately trying to slide it, but I know that I'm not good enough to be able to catch it, so don't risk everything off on the road. 

Obviously if you have had loads of RWD ignore me as its my first RWD car  :D which is why I like wet roundabouts

Alec

Guest zen

I had the smell thing. The dealer warned me about it. Was gone by 200 miles.

Not sure what you mean by the noise. Is is not just the sound of the engine braking?

Z

I had the smell thing. The dealer warned me about it. Was gone by 200 miles.

Not sure what you mean by the noise. Is is not just the sound of the engine braking?

Z

Hard to describe really but it sounds a little more mechanical. I am going to go out today and try to replicate it

Don't worry about the smell thing. This will continue for a while yet. You will get the smell after really working the car hard on the track or on the road. Eventually it goes. 

There is a rattle at high revs when in second, but I'm guessing you've not been doing that as such yet. 

To be fair it's not a car that ever seems to be rattle free. 

Don't worry about the smell thing. This will continue for a while yet. You will get the smell after really working the car hard on the track or on the road. Eventually it goes.

There is a rattle at high revs when in second, but I'm guessing you've not been doing that as such yet.

To be fair it's not a car that ever seems to be rattle free.

You're right. I've not been up that far in the range yet.

It is not so much a rattle. Best description I can come up with would be to say it sounds like the fan motor for the blowers whistling ever so slightly in tune with the engine. Only in gear using the engine to break the car. Minute the clutch is depressed it stops.

I know clear as mud. But I am guessing no one else has had this?

Awesome stuff dude!  Glad you've finally got her and that you're enjoying her.  Like others have said, just the smell of the goop but as for the sound, not sure, diff? Gears? Could just be mechanical parts bedding in.

You're right. I've not been up that far in the range yet.

It is not so much a rattle. Best description I can come up with would be to say it sounds like the fan motor for the blowers whistling ever so slightly in tune with the engine. Only in gear using the engine to break the car. Minute the clutch is depressed it stops.

I know clear as mud. But I am guessing no one else has had this?

Ive heard this occasionally ony m new 14 plate. only upto 500 miles now, so will wait to see if it stays or gets worse. if still there by 1000 il investigate or take it to the dealer :)