Jo Spit

Newbies

My hubby Chris and I were at RGG Macclesfield this morning to have our summer wheels/tyres on. We were very well looked after and had a great chat with Michelle about disabled drivers and the GT86 (Chris is a wheelchair user) and the recent sprint event. Very tempted to have a go :)

Welcome to the club and you're definitely in safe hands at RRG, I travel 100 odd miles there whenever I need anything doing to my car because I trust those guys and I know I'll be well looked after.

Sadly I have no idea about how well the GT86 will work with disabled drivers but if you wouldn't mind, please do keep us posted, it'll be interesting to hear what options there are.

Hi Keethos. We too drive 'just' 80 miles to RGG :)

We looked at lots of sports models before we bought the GT86 last year. It was the only one we tried that could accommodate the wheelchair. At Easter we took it up to North Scotland and got ourselves, the wheelchair, the suitcase and two small dogs in. We then had the most amazing driving week up there and managed to clock up 2000 great miles.

Hi Keethos. We too drive 'just' 80 miles to RGG :)

We looked at lots of sports models before we bought the GT86 last year. It was the only one we tried that could accommodate the wheelchair. At Easter we took it up to North Scotland and got ourselves, the wheelchair, the suitcase and two small dogs in. We then had the most amazing driving week up there and managed to clock up 2000 great miles.

I'm surprised you managed to fit all that in! I'm guessing the wheelchair folds down pretty neatly. I must say the boot is fairly large in the GT86 but it does depend on what you need to put in there anything with not much height is fairly easy to accommodate as it is luckily quite deep.

Jo - welcome!

Does your hubby drive? The reason I ask is that we have a long-time competitor in the Toyota Sprint Series who's confined to a wheelchair/mobility scooter... not in the GT86 class but he's far too quick for me! Grrr...

Roz (my disabled neice in Cumbria, been on a few socials around the wilds of Yorkshire with the Club)  comes with me in my car when I'm up there (Da Vinci fold down wheelchair, no problem!) and I give her a 'blast'..

She whacks me! And all that wheel pushing builds muscles! Ouch! - might as well be at home with the frypan...

Spec K

Hello Special K

Yes my husbands drives (me around the bend :)). No seriously, yep he does. He loves driving and has a Kuschall folding wheelchair. Hope to catch up with you at an event sometime.

Jo