CHOSENMAN007

which supercharger?

Exactly Lauren.. I totally agree with you. I'm not spending that kind of money on nil wow factor. Sound and feel has to be there. What would I need to go stage 3? Its that state of tune hard on the stock parts?

I'd never owned a FI car before, liked the look of the AVO kit not all in your face, I had been out in keith's car & Dave was kind enough to let me drive his plus I had delt with fensport before, only down side is fensports location, but they do have great roads to test your car on :)

My kit hasn't been problem free, blown a few gaskets @ the snetterton track day all fixed & paid for by fensport, but im not sure any kit is 100% issue free.

IIan I know you got the ark exhaust which is muted, but you want it that way. I did enjoy the boost your car had, put me in the seat like Lol your car has enough power for me. If I can get drama with it I may go avo. That's all I want really. Not looking for a Santa pod dragger. Lol your running stage 2 are you not? Breather and boost controller etc?!

Janes im not sure where your located, keith is in Essex might be worth seeing if he would take you for a spin in his car, my car is all about extra speed but without the noise ..lol

No im still stage 1,stage 3 for my car would be about an  extra £500, my clutch has already been done & have the breather kit.

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1146-fensport-avo-turbo-install-no-6/

To my limited knowledge, each stage upgrade is tuning the ECU to have more boost and more gadgets for safety purposes as well as to help regulate the flow of things, this could include having to make sure you have a 3" exhaust system to get more air flow etc.  There's probably a bit more to it than that but that's my limited knowledge....I won't be going FI any time soon so not looked into it in too much detail.  It's still a bit early to say how hard going FI will be on the stock system, most people have been assured that stage 1 tuning will be fine on the stock parts but obviously higher stages means more boost, more power and more strain on the car, I'm sure most of the components will be fine but who can say that every single component will be fine.

Was the avo faster? What do you think of the build and components in quality? Reliability? I had the opposite experience, felt robs car had the noise and drama and ian's car was the muted one. I do admit ian's car had a more stealthy approach in terms of sound. No denying ian's car put me back in my seat more. I guess more testing is needed.

You can always get a noisier exhaust. Ian's is particularly quiet.

My opinion was based on how it drove rather than what it sounded like. I just think a Stage 1 turbo is very smooth with Adrian's mapping and that it gives a good increase.

The Sprintex seems to give more mid-range than top end, but if you like lots of mid-ranage torque as a lot of people do, then it's not at all bad for the money.

The Rotrex impressed me the least, I just felt totally underwhelmed by it. Before I'd driven it, I was thinking the Rotrex might be the best solution but I'm now not convinced after driving Maz's HKS setup.

My car is always available for a test drive :)

It is essentially the max you can do with stock engine internals and Shell V max ( the best pump fuel available in the UK)

Plenty of stuff going on. Come to BHP in May if you're not already down for it. Also there's the sprint at Blyton Park in a little over a week. We always have a social on the Saturday night at the Premier Inn in Scunthorpe. 

I spoke to Litchfield yesterday asking for a demo mate. Said car was gone.

Gone in terms of engine is being built...they have some stuff going on that might be interesting...

I spent 3 hours with Iain last week getting an update, pain in the arse to get hold of him (because he's busy) but when you do, it's worth it!

Gone in terms of engine is being built...they have some stuff going on that might be interesting...

I spent 3 hours with Iain last week getting an update, pain in the arse to get hold of him (because he's busy) but when you do, it's worth it!

So he's stripping his demo car down even though he hasn't sold any kit yet because he wouldn't reply to anyone, all tuners are busy, they take the time to reply though. I thought you gave up with him a long time ago!

Litchfield are pump mate! Was supposed to get a call. But nil points. Bad way of doing business. I would not give a tuner £k's of my hard earned dosh if they can't even email you back! Its says they don't give a £u%k basically. So after care would be worse to. Sticking with abbey.

I feel their car has just become a demo of what they can do, their real money and products stand in their GTR and BMW products. They now have their own M3, 335i and 235i which are obviously going to be a bigger market with more £££. Let alone the work they do on supercars etc. I think the BRZ/GT86 is not going to be of much financial benefit to them.

It's a real shame, particularly so after this car did a bit of a PR campaign in all the mags. 

I guess they must just be too busy to prioritise selling and fitting kits over the other more lucrative stuff. 

Yeah, their kit did look great. But IMO they fobbed off too many people. I must have been one of the lucky ones, although never got a spin in their car. I guess they picked up the BRZ just before everything picked up. Their GTR parts development is crazy.

So he's stripping his demo car down even though he hasn't sold any kit yet because he wouldn't reply to anyone, all tuners are busy, they take the time to reply though. I thought you gave up with him a long time ago!

Well, I wanted the ECU updated with the latest calibration given it was 18months old and a lot of development has happened since then.

3 hours of tuning that didn't cost me anything but the time to drive there and back was worthwhile.

However, I think Iain makes too much money from GTR stuff (and now BMW) - so the Toyobaru stuff is lower down the priorities. Shame cause the stuff they do is good, but he's dealing with people who are throwing silly money at him to get stupid numbers out of GTRs...(fantastic machine but not as enjoyable or rewarding as a GT86 to drive IMO - and yes I've driven one).

No matter how good a product is in a shop if the customer service is pump then you feel deflated anyway. Personally I wouldn't even buy a tin of beans from them.

Thing is, I organised a group buy for tunes from them back in January last year and their contact then was good. I never had much problems with Iain but I knew they were always rammed. That's why eventually I jumped ship.