Rab

Macmillan Cancer Support Sponsorship

Week 3 and a milestone has been achieved!

I am now under 15 and a half stone, 15st 6lbs to be exact (97.9kgs). I have now lost 12lbs (5.4kg) in total 

Mrs fatrab has lost another 4lbs (1.8kg) this week too, bringing her total to 11lbs (5kg)

:D

This weeks plan is to cut out the rest of the "bad" foods, I had 2 fry ups and 2 take aways through the week, but had porridge every other morning and some fish as a snack before a proper lunch (meat & veg). I've also agreed to go out walking with a mate who's in training as he's walking the West Highland Way in aid of another charity. So that starts on Tuesday, 3 times a week.

Hopefully I can break the 1 stone barrier by next Saturday!

<Scrooge mode..>

Aww, c'mon Rob.... you know you're gagging for a FEB...

.... luvverly crispy bacon, dripping with egg dippy... two gourgeous plump pork sausages, oozing fat and flavour - no, make it three sausages.... scrummy crisp hash browns, soft on the inside... baked beans... mushrooms... black pudding or, as a special treat, fried haggis... tinned tomatoes... huge dollops of ketchup and brown sauce... couple slices toast, dripping with real butter...

... proper food.... 

Spec K

(counting pennies I'm saving..)

Hmmm...

A Scotsman and his wife walked past a swanky new restaurant..

"Did you smell that food?" she asked. "Incredible!"

Being a kind-hearted Scotsman, he thought "What the heck.... I'll treat her!"

... so they walked past it again...

;)

Spec K

In order to give me some support & encouragement to up my game, punish me for my sneaky breakfasts, the occasional kebab and a few pints here and there, my local eatery, Pappy's Traditional Smokehoose, to tie in with their Hamilton restaurant opening, have challenged me to do their Reaper Wings Challenge for charity!

It involves eating 8 of the hottest wings on the planet! Then sitting for 10 minutes without touching a nice cold glass of milk which they place in front of you just for added torture.

If anyone is going to be near Hamilton next weekend please come along and support me and Macmillan.

I'll post details as soon as the date and time are set .......

I tasted the sauce used to make these last weekend and it is tasty but the after burn is like nothing I have ever experienced in my life! 

The toilet roll will be in the fridge  :o

Thank you Quball! Very much appreciated!

Just a wee update;

This morning's weigh in ......... 15st 3lbs!

I've now lost 1st 1lb (6.8kg) in total  :D

Lol didn't have anyone available to hold the phone while we did it, apologies for the poor quality, plus it was really dark inside ....... I'm just making excuses for my poor effort and commitment!

Keith. There is an atom bomb in my pants.

The wings going inbound is nothing compared to the experience at the other end this morning smiley3.gifsmiley34.gif

Parts 2 & 3 here:

Because we both completed the challenge, Pappy's will treat a different local family each month who are affected by cancer to a slap up meal f.o.c. and they are also going to contact our local newspaper to announce an official charity event which Jan and I have been invited to come back and take part in.

Massive respect to Auld Pappy smiley32.gif

I also have to say well done to Jan who ate the wings as if they were coated in yoghurt! Cool as a cucumber Mrs W smiley2.gif xx

Oh, btw, I didn't loose anything this week, but that's hardly surprising since I weighed in this morning after my feast last night! System not fully flushed out yet.

It stings man, IT STINGS!!!  :o

Lol didn't have anyone available to hold the phone while we did it, apologies for the poor quality, plus it was really dark inside ....... I'm just making excuses for my poor effort and commitment!

Keith. There is an atom bomb in my pants.

The wings going inbound is nothing compared to the experience at the other end this morning smiley3.gifsmiley34.gif

Parts 2 & 3 here:

Because we both completed the challenge, Pappy's will treat a different local family each month who are affected by cancer to a slap up meal f.o.c. and they are also going to contact our local newspaper to announce an official charity event which Jan and I have been invited to come back and take part in.

Massive respect to Auld Pappy smiley32.gif

I also have to say well done to Jan who ate the wings as if they were coated in yoghurt! Cool as a cucumber Mrs W smiley2.gif xx

No, mate.... massive respect to you - you suffered, we merely cringed in sympathy...

ThinRab leads, others follow.... (as as destitute pauper, in my case...)  :hug:

... aaargh.... just send me a bill...

Spec K

Oh, btw, I didn't loose anything this week, but that's hardly surprising since I weighed in this morning after my feast last night! System not fully flushed out yet.

It stings man, IT STINGS!!!  :o

YEAH!!

LEARN AND BURN!!

Spec K

15st 3lbs again! I've stalled, HELP!!!???

This week I've had no beer, 1 kebab (bbq chicken), no fry ups. The occasional biscuit/cake though ...

smiley21.gif

On a sort-of plus note I have set up a Justgiving page! Kind of makes it feel a bit more official now so hopefully that will give me a big push this week!

This weeks shopping list:

Green Tea
Organic fruit & veg
Corn fed chicken
Nuts

This weeks exercize regime:

Walk to/from work each day
Swimming Tuesday & Thursday
Cycling Monday & Wednesday night

Any tips or words of encouragement warmly accepted at this stage folks, I feel like I'm failing......

Rob.... you've reached the middle phase.

You've lost the 'easy meat' - nonbound lipids readily convertible into instant energy - and now you've got to start unbinding the longer-term lipids. This is when mind over matter counts..

Chicken is so booooooring!  Nowt wrong with a bit of venison, plain grilled..

I see no fish, my friend - and I don't mean the chipshop variety, I mean whitefish poached in fat-free milk .. panfried or grilled in a smear of olive oil mebbe.. a green side salad with a dash of balsamic... and a small portion of plain boiled rice (instant energy and no lasting carbohydrates) infused with a smidgeon of your beloved piri-piri dressing..

.... find a local Thai restaurant and treat yourself to a bowl of Thai Tom Yum... ask for it 'pet' (spicey hot).. you almost never see an obese Thai..

Get rid of the nuts. If you like dates go for them instead.. Medjoul are my preference..

It's taken me 40 years of selfless dedication to keep my svelte, lithe, nine stone weakling body... it helps that I can't keep my wife's cooking down...

C'mon! You can do it....

Spec K