Rab

Macmillan Cancer Support Sponsorship

Hi folks, I've got a big request to ask from you.

I'm looking for sponsorship to raise a bit of cash for the Macmillan Cancer charity.

My Dad recently passed away and the support provided to my family by the charity was fantastic so I'd like to do my bit by way of a sponsored WEIGHT LOSS!! (no more fatrab :D )

If anyone would like to support me with this I would like to be sponsored on a price-per-kilo basis, and I will be having my final weigh in on the 30th May 2014, so about 10 weeks from now.

I aim to loose approx 1kg (2lbs) per week and my start weight, on the 17th of this month, was 103.4kg.

I will be posting my weekly achievement both here and on facebook and you are welcome to add me and follow my progress. Mrs fatrab is also taking part so we'll be encouraging and competing with each other!

Thanks,

Rab

Put me down for £10 per kilo, Rab

Dave

WOW!!!! :o Thank you very much Dave, that is so generous of you. That alone gives me a massive amount of incentive!!!!

:D  :D  :D

Is this a bad time to mention - I'm hungry :lol:

For £10  a kilo can you sponsor me to put it on dave? ;) I must consider if i feel you are going to achieve 1kg a week or not. It all depends on your motivation ;)

But i'll say £2 a kilo for me for now, my pockets aren't as deep as daves!

The challenge is for the old buZZard to join in :). Rob, it is the support, and not the amount that matters at the end of the day. I have a very personal reason for my support of rab.

I'd like to think the 1kg per week is achievable but I'll be happy with whatever I can do, however laying down the gauntlet to Mrs fatrab will be like a red rag to a bull!! Thanks Dave lol

Thank you Richard & Rob this will give me the motivation I have been needing for a while to shift the weight!

Guest zen

Great cause! Happy to support you both in your endeavour. How about £1 per kilo? I will double the donation for whoever hits their target first!

Z

Week 1 weigh in - 15st 10lbs (99.8kgs)  :D

Jan has lost - 4lbs (1.8kg) :D 

Thanks for the support guys!! 

Thank you both very much  :)  :)

The Macmillan nurses were great with my Mum when my Dad was in his final stages and my Mum has asked me to raise what I can so she's in for a shock when I tell her about this today!! 

Cheers everyone, I'm going to need you all to encourage me over the coming weeks, I'm sure I can depend on you to get stuck into me if things start to slip!!

The truth will out!  -  a wee flyin' tim'rous beastie  told me Fatrab's hidden agenda is the Sprint Series.... he needs to reduce his chassis weight and suspension loading.. too much porridge and haggis... heh...

Spec K

NOOOOOOOO! My car will never see a track!

Anyway, the season will be well under way by the time I am out of the "anchored" category!

Put me down for £2 a kilo for you and Jan please. :)

Same here Rob!  RabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRabRab Wahooooooo Go Rab!

Thank you Keith!! And thanks for the words of support!!

Anyone volunteering to stand guard at the kebab van in Reading to keep me away from it all week?  :D

absolutelyf*****starving.com

Just wanted to post an update, if Jan and I hit our target of 10kgs each we stand to bring in well over £1000 so far (and we haven't seen half the folk we know yet!) for Macmillan from the sponsorship we have had from everyone on the forums, our colleagues, close friends and family.

I can't thank you guys enough for your support on this.

Thank you

And this mornings weigh in........

15st 8lbs  :mellow:

Kind of hoped I'd have lost a bit more than this tbh but at least its still going in the right direction.

Give me some abuse at your leisure .......  :P

Rab,

Coming from the colonies, this stone unit of measure has absolutely no meaning to me  :unsure: ,  Can you report in future using an internationally recognised (and understood) unit of measure?  :D   I will then know how much abuse (or not) to give you

WHAAAT! 

We built an empire - the largest ever seen - and what happens...?  Our great heritage is forgotton... discarded like a well-worn seaboot.... pints, quarts, pecks, bushels... ten bob notes, half a crowns, shillings, tanners, thruppences, bun pennies, ha'pennies... a square meal, by and large, freezing balls off brass monkeys...

... you've not heard of a 'yard of ale'....? oh, how mighty are the fallen... <sob>

:wacko:

Spec K