Keethos

GT86 being Pulled from UK Market?

I'm hoping this isn't true but I've just been told by a Subaru dealer that Toyota might be thinking of pulling the GT86 from the UK Market due to poor sales......what are the chances of this happening?  Rich?  Adrian?  What would happen if they did?

I hope so.........but still....would suck if it did.....or would it?......Would the price of them then shoot up and they become an instant classic cos you can't get them any more?  Hmmmmmm  :rolleyes:

I think that is (very) wishful thinking on the part of the Subaru dealer.  AFAIK, the agreement is that Subaru can only sell one BRZ for every 10 GT86s sold, so if Toyota did drop the '86, that restriction could be lifted.

As far as your question as to what would happen if they did, well, you would not be able to go into your dealer and buy one any more  :P .

Spares would not be a problem, My son had a Mk4 Supra TwinTurbo which we could still order any spares / parts we wanted through our local Toyota dealer, 10 years after Toyota GT stopped importing the cars.