forge197

Forge's 86

Would you have wanted the release of the car to have been delayed to add this change ? (once the design is decided on for production any changes cause significant delays)

There are bound to be little cosmetic improvements that come out on later models, I'm pleased that they came up with a bolt on solution that could easily be added to existing cars rather than a redesign of the center console in next years model

Anyway you cheated and didn't cut out the paper template and fit it yourself :P  (much like I didn't fit my reversing camera)

Alec

No I wouldn't have wanted a delay but I bought used :P  :D It is nice though that there are after market options likes this that make a difference.

I did cheat I was going to do it myself like the ICE install, but as it was heading to RRG made sense to take the easy route  ^_^

Tidy install, can't go wrong with  JL, I had a W3 in my first install :)

Thanks

Always wanted a JL sub it's my first had some MTX, MBQuart subs along the way. Need to spend a little time getting it setup and pop a setting into each of the DSP memories, will wait until I've run it all for a bit. Move the DSP controller this evening so it's up front :)

Does now highlight poor quality mp3's etc....... Some are dreadfully recorded.

Added more sound deadening to front doors basically block the holes up, has improved the mid-range, really pleased with the install and the fact it's a DIY install.

Any pics ? I think I will have to upgrade my sound system at some point .

Best way to improve the sound in a GT86...

... add a forced induction system.. hifi is for couch potatoes...

Bwahahahaha... :ph34r:

Spec K

Don't hold back Keith ;)

I've never driven them from the standard head unit only with a seperate amplifier, as Lauren says they are excellent really pleased them a nice all round sound .  I am not sure what RMS (power output) the standard head unit to give a view on how that could work out.

Added DAB yesterday (Tuesday) thanks to RRG Macclesfield for sorting, also had offset top mounts fitted to adjust the camber on my standard suspension setup. Initial thought is sharper steering, going for a proper drive tomorrow, as had to get home pick up daily hack and get to London.