rob275

Why do people lie about mods?

I've never understood why people lie about mods on a forum? Is it because they don't want their insurers to find out, in which case we can assume they aren't insured or do they not want their warranty to be void? Perhaps if this is the case they should think about the cost implementations of it in the first place and if they were that arsed about warranty why mod in the first place?

Before some smart arse posts as I know it will happen, it's not directed at anybody in particular i'm just making conversation.

I've never understood why people lie about mods on a forum? Is it because they don't want their insurers to find out, in which case we can assume they aren't insured or do they not want their warranty to be void? Perhaps if this is the case they should think about the cost implementations of it in the first place and if they were that arsed about warranty why mod in the first place?

Before some smart arse posts as I know it will happen, it's not directed at anybody in particular i'm just making conversation.

LOL, yeah yeah Rob, we all know who you're directing this to really  ;)  But I agree.....what are they honestly trying to achieve?  Maybe they don't want anyone else copying what they've done.....which isn't guna stop them unless they've built it themselves........maybe same reason they don't want people to see what their reg is......stop people from thinking about their car and thinking it might be worth more than someone else's......maybe they want to burn people of the lights who think that they might be running stock when in fact they're not......either way......pointless in my opinion!!!

Well, my car is totally standard, and I would not have it any other way  :ph34r:

Who are you referring to, by the way?  Answer by pm is fine!

Well my car has a flux capacitor with 100,000 bhp powered by 10 supercharged fairies, diamond powder brake pads with baby seal skin discs, quantum levitating alloys and a parachute......and the best thing is the insurance company pays me to cover the car!