Riceburner

Look Whos Back!!!

I know its been a while but the blue Special one has been Resurrected!!!Cue Music Slim Shady LOOK WHOS BACK 

Special K is Back!!Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Fanatstic Engineers Gary street & Andy Moore that did the rebuild. 

A special thanks to RRG Accident repair centre In swinton.

Posted Image

Myself and a very excited and happy Keith.

Thanks for the welcome back... "Houston, the Eagle has landed".

I have to acknowledge with huge thanks the enthusiasm and commitment of the guys at RRG. Gary and Andy - plus the unnamed guys in the body repair shop - have exceeded my highest expectations - and it's been a two-way thing, as they acknowledge they have learned an enormous amount about the GT86 during this project. Most of all to Rich, who has 'managed' this rebuild and kept me informed all of the way..

Booked in a Fensport on Thursday for a 'fine tune' of the chassis/suspension settings, oil change and an engine map checkover. Big thanks to them for shipping up to RRG bits for the turbo (including intercooler) and a new Koni shock on a 'must have' basis. 

Sorry I'll miss the meeting on 9th - I'll be at the Christmas bash, of course.

(Oh, and congrats to Rob for a seamless 'migration' to the new Forum.. anyone giving lessons?)

Spec K

Hi Keethos Yeah I was very impressed with the turbo set up and Keith's car in general but ime still not convinced with Auto option personally.I will hopefully try Pitmans at the meet and then let you know.

You will obviously be more than welcome to try my car :)

I can't wait for the 'FI Crew' to get together...

Pitman, I've been hearing things about your car - all pretty good, I have to say - I shall be interrogating Adrian this afternoon, I've got the bamboo splinters all nice and sharp and the tazer's full charged...

Spec K

As planned I took my car up to Fensport for then to give it the 'once-over' yesterday.

RRG have done a first rate job,  a few minor turbo-related bits which they were probably unaware of, a small suspension geometry change to get the neg camber spot on and an oil change to run my preferred Millers Nanotech... Adrian checked the mapping and it's spot on.

(On the way back I tried it in the 'low boost' setting... much smoother progression and ideal for motorway overtaking, except for the occasional GTi/Boxster which won't get out of the way.. flick it into high boost and the job is done..)

Ho hum - the trouble is that every time I go up to Fensport it costs me money in more goodies!

Spec K

Ah... as it's you asking me, Dave...

I'm going for a rear carbon-fibre effect lip facing, matches my wing mirror covers. Goes over the bootlid panel where the Toyota badge goes (and covers up the two pin holes that Alec identified - har!). Then I can put my custom badge on it.

I'm going for the new (ducted) oil cooler which allows retention of the existing n/s foglight.

I'm going for a Blitz 3-guage mounting panel on the passenger fascia (oil temp/oil pressure/boost).

Now need to plan this into the calendar/cashflow, along with new rims/tyres.. probably 17" x 9" Rota Grid rims with 245/40/17 Eagles. Then I'd look to put winter tyres on my 8" Blitz rims.

The other mods are in planning mode at this stage - technically feasible but need development, testing and evaluation. I'll tell you about 'em at the Xmas bash..

Spec K