Fensport

Banzai Magazine

Hi All,We're off to a photo shoot and will be performance testing both GT86's tomorrow so will get 0-60 data etc for the turbo cars, will also have a standard GT86 from Toyota on hand for comparison and will let you know the results shortly :)Both cars will be on the cover and there will be full features in the mag very soon :)Cars ready to go ....Posted Image

Hi All,We're off to a photo shoot and will be performance testing both GT86's tomorrow so will get 0-60 data etc for the turbo cars, will also have a standard GT86 from Toyota on hand for comparison and will let you know the results shortly

Adrian - So what are the 0-60's for all three cars out of interest?

Checkout Alec's pics that he's uploaded of the article http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1204-banzai-article/#entry15880:

0-60's

Stock:  7.3s

Street:  6.4s

Race:  5.0s

0-100's

Stock: 18.7s

Street:  14.8s

Race:  10.5s

Corrected the race car for you - it is 5 sec, not 6 (page 74 of the mag, at least it is in the e version)  ;)

Checkout Alec's pics that he's uploaded of the article http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1204-banzai-article/#entry15880:

0-60's

0-100's

0-60's

0-100's

Cheers Guys, 

I reckon the Street car would do 5.7 ...5.8 if it was a manual  :rolleyes: it sits on the line for what seems like an eternity before deciding to move ....

Cheers Guys, 

I reckon the Street car would do 5.7 ...5.8 if it was a manual  :rolleyes: it sits on the line for what seems like an eternity before deciding to move ....

We have to arrange to do a timed run with my car then  :D

Does the Torque Android App have a 0-60 time function?  I have bought myself the OBD bluetooth sender, and have a Samsung phone with Torque installed. Just need to figure out how to use it now  :huh:

I dunn whether it's just my auto but it launches beautifully.. apart from the wheelspin..

Keith do you still have launch control, Ive lost all me toys  :mellow:

But what I do have is this...

th_MVI_2615.jpg

Auto's can't have Launch Control because of the torque converter. 

Torque does have 0-60 times but not sure how accurate it is.

The way I've worked mine out in the past is using a video camera at the speedo and then using the timeline to look at time taken. Video apps usually got down to milliseconds. 

Looking forward to seeing the difference in Turbo cars at the Christmas meet.